acancy: BB 2 – Administration Officer (DAFF)
Applications are invited for the above position in the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF) of the Australian Embassy, Jakarta. The position is a fixed term position for 12 (twelve) months and possibility of on-going position.
The duties of the position and selection criteria are listed below. The successful applicant will meet the selection criteria as detailed in the attached. Applicants should ensure their application includes comments on how they meet each of the selection criteria and should be no longer that three (3) typed A4 pages. Applicants should also include a copy of their curriculum vitae (resume), and details of two referees who may be contacted if necessary. Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered for interview.
A monthly salary of IDR.4,218,002 will be offered to the successful applicant dependent upon qualifications, relevant experience and demonstrated skill.
Applications should be directed to Ms Gaby Kusniadi, Training and Recruitment Officer at the following email address: email@example.com, with subject: Administrative Officer (DAFF) before close of business 16.00 hours on Wednesday, 29 July 2009. Please note that no phone call inquiries will be taken and only short-listed applicants will be notified.
Position No. TBA
Designation and Classification: LES / BB 2
Local Designation: Administration Officer
Branch: Australian Embassy, Jakarta
Continuing, Fixed Term or Part Time: Fixed Term with possibility continuing
Immediate Supervisor: Counsellor (Agriculture)
No. of subordinates: N/A
Highest subordinates: N/A
- Secretarial duties, including responding to phone calls; filing; procurement; photocopying; preparing correspondence in English and Indonesian, with emphasis on organising travel programs and scheduling appointments;
- Assist in arranging programs for visits by Australian senior DAFF visitors, including through liaison with Government Departments and other organizations;
- Prepare correspondence in both English and Indonesian, including interpreting and translation tasks, if required;
- Finance administration;
- Database administration;
- Assist with the administration of the Working Group on Agriculture, Food and Forestry Cooperation (WGAFFC) and the Working Group on Marine Affairs and Fisheries (WGMAF);
- Carrying out other duties as required.
Duty representing highest function: 1 and 2.
Qualifications: Excellent communication and writing in English & Bahasa Indonesia.
- Capacity to undertake clerical and administrative duties, and demonstrated experience in supporting effective management of an operational office network;
- High level of verbal and written communication skills, in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- High level knowledge of Microsoft Office, including email and spreadsheet applications;
- Sound interpersonal skills and an ability to work as part of a team;
- Experience with or knowledge of filing/database systems.