Greenpeace, one of the world’s leading environmental campaigning organizations is seeking applications for:
This person will be responsible for the management and coordination of a team of campaigners and support staff based in Indonesia, Thailand, and the Philippines. She/he will supervise and support their work, monitor budgets and address personnel issues where relevant. She/he will report to the Executive Director and work closely with relevant international issues coordinators who supervise global campaigns on Climate and Energy, Forests, Oceans, Genetic Engineering, Toxics and Disarmament work. The position is based in Bangkok/Jakarta and will require extensive travel in the Southeast Asian region.
QUALIFICATIONS and Skill expected:
- Very strong management and organizational skills with a focus on the ability to manage and coordinate a range of staff working on different issues in different regions and political climates.
- Strong campaign experience with excellent strategic skills in analyzing and planning strategies and overseeing their implementation.
- Leadership skills including the ability to manage a diverse team of individuals and the ability to take necessary decisions based on clear and concise evaluation of the information relevant to that decision.
- Ability to build a strong team spirit and to direct and channel that team to deliver effective outcomes.
- Broad knowledge of a range of the main environmental issues described above.
- Excellent spoken and written English. Language skills in Bahasa Indonesia or Thai would be an advantage. Demonstrated experience in an environmental/activist organization(s)
- Preferred skills include experience in key program areas: public speaking, training, strategic planning and organizing people around an issue.
- Commitment to non-violent direct action as a means of effecting change.
Start Date for the post: – January 2011
Interested candidates are invited to write Letter of introduction, explaining why you are qualified for the position; read our Recruitment Pack and fill-up Application Form which you can download from http://www.greenpeace.or.id/jobs; and email by the closing date to: email@example.com
Please fill up all items in the application form as this will be our basis for short-listing candidates. Curriculum Vitae (CVs) will not be accepted.
Deadline of applications: November 30, 2010