The Royal Danish Embassy in Jakarta invites candidates to fill a position as:
You will be joining the Commercial Team of the Embassy; the team also links into the Trade Council of Denmark, which is an integrated part of the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. As a Commercial Adviser your main task is to assist Danish companies in developing and promoting their business in Indonesia. This includes developing marketing strategies, preparing market reports, identifying potential partners as well as organizing export promotion seminars and other events. You will work directly with the Danish companies.
You will work independently as well as with other members of the Commercial Team and with other colleagues at the Embassy. You will also be part of a large international network of colleagues located around the world.
You can look forward to an international environment where you have the freedom to work business oriented and where your clients are in focus, every day. To focus your performance you will have individual and very clear key target indicators
To qualify for this position we see that you preferably fulfill the following requirements:
- A university degree within Business Administration and Economics, and preferably having some knowledge within engineering or technical fields
- Ability to understand commercial opportunities in the Indonesian market by providing technical insights of Danish products and services
- Minimum five (5) years or progressively responsible experience in marketing, trade promotion, business management or other closely related fields
- Fluent in speaking/reading/writing English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Indonesian economy in general and of Indonesian business customs, practices, marketing channels, laws, regulations and policies relating to assigned commercial functions
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain an extensive range of appropriate mid and senior-level contacts in the Indonesian government and private sector
- Ability to plan, organize and execute complex commercial surveys and to prepare precise and accurate factual and analytical reports, also on CSR issues
We expect you to be pro-active, analytical and result oriented. You are structured and have the ability to prioritize. You work efficiently, independently but collaborate intensively with your colleagues
Please send CV and cover letter (maximum size of 250 kb in pdf format) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 December 2010. For more information about the Commercial Team of the Embassy and the Trade Council of Denmark please visit www.ambjakarta.um.dk and www.eksportraadet.dk
Only short-listed candidates will be notified