Job title: PSCM Operations & HSSE Team Leader
Req ID: 10748BR
This role exists to access business services for use in various market sectors, in order to meet the business’ needs and achieve its short and long term plans.
These services must deliver planned technical performance while meeting or exceeding commercial targets.
The PSCM Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE) Team Leader proactively mitigates risk and maximizes value to the business by leading a team of professionals who ensure adherence to PSCM policies, develop and implement appropriate strategies for the procurement of required materials and services including marine and logistics, maintenance and operating engineering requirements.
- Establishes short and long-term business plans to facilitate achievement of goals.
- Develops a balance set of measures and monitors annual performance and resource plan for the team, ensuring that all enablers are available to deliver the strategy.
- Ensures tight co-ordination with Global PSCM Materials Management and Supplier Quality Management (SQM)authorities.
- Establishes Strategic Performance Unit (SPU) wide strategies in delivery of Materials Management and Supplier Quality Management (SQM).
- Provides input to Strategic Performance Unit (SPU) strategic/operating plans.
- Promotes compliance with BP’s Code of Conduct.
- Promotes PSCM contribution to contractor safety and leads by example in respect of S&OI objectives.
- Creates and enables high performing teams.
- Facilitates and leads discussions with key stakeholders to continually re-assess procurement/sourcing requirements and gather feedback on ways that procurement/sourcing programs can be improved.
- Applies and champions Common Processes and contributes to continuous improvement of these.
- Routinely communicates openly and with integrity with key business stakeholders to align direction between PSCM and the internal customer directions.
- Delivers robust cost management and minimizes business risk via rigorous contract management control.
- Works closely with Strategic Procurement Team on sourcing strategies and Supplier Management.
- Establishes, identifies and implements opportunities to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of procurement processes, policies and procedures.
- Manages compliance/savings and performance measurement processes to ensure that the company meets and/or exceeds cost savings and performance improvement targets.
- Develops and maintains relationships with preferred suppliers using feedback and input from Strategic Performance Unit Procurement/Operational personnel.
- Accountable for preparing and delivering annual operating headcount and budget for Operational Procurement team.
- Accountable for order tracking and expediting.
Essential criteria & qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a supply chain organization.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in technical or business discipline (supply chain management, operations, business, or engineering).
- Working knowledge of Maximo (or equilavent Materials Management software), SAP, and Microsoft Office.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time in order to fulfill the responsibilities.
- Understanding of E&P operations materials and services and the marketplace.
- Experience in all phases of category management (market sector strategy, strategic sourcing, supplier management).
- Strong English communication skills.
- Oil and Gas Industry experience in Exploration and Production.
- Working across disciplines and leading cross-functional teams.
- Good influencing and communication skills with suppliers and internal customers.
- Strong leadership skill.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Formal PSCM Qualification desirable.
Closing date: 25 April 2010