Vacancy Notice No: WR/INO/09/TA11
Title: Temporary National Professional – National Immunization Officer
Contract type: Temporary
Duration of contract: 12 months
Date: 31 August 2009
Deadline for application: 20 September 2009
Duty Station: JAKARTA Indonesia
Organization unit: Expanded Programme on
WHO’s Country Office, Jakarta, Indonesia
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
The World Health Organization (WHO) is supporting the Ministry of Health (MOH) collaborative programme in Indonesia;
- By providing technical assistance for AFP, and integrated vaccine preventable disease (VPD) surveillance.
- To contribute to the prevention, control and elimination/eradication of VPD and other emerging diseases, with special focus on polio eradication, control of measles/rubella and elimination of neonatal tetanus.
- To establish sustainable systems of immunization and surveillance as an important tool of disease control initiatives; and to promote regional and country self-reliance in vaccine quality control and production.
Description of duties:
Under the overall supervision of WR-Indonesia and direct supervision and guidance of MO EPI, the incumbent will assist and provide technical assistance to the Government of Indonesia (GoI) in consultation and coordination with partners in order to improve and strengthen routine immunization programme, supplementary Immunization and related activities of EPI;
- Support the Government of Indonesia (GOI)/EPI in developing national annual and multi-year plans of action, and oversee and monitor the periodic review and revision to these plans by the ICC and GAVI (Global Alliance for Vaccine and Immunization).
- Support the GOI/EPI in coordinating and ensuring the quality of EPI training programs at national, provincial and district level.
- Aid the GOI/EPI in setting priorities based on an analysis of program data – including assessments, coverage and surveillance data – and other indicators of program performance.
- Assist in developing and implementing injection safety and waste management and other routine immunization, plans/strategies, as embedded in the multi-year plan of action.
- Assist the government in compiling the periodic progress reports on activities carried out under EPI including for GAVI and to ensure the SOE are timely completed and submitted.
- Coordinate and assist in preparing annual and progress reports for donors.
- Any other activities related to immunization and VPD as directed by WHO/EPI MO.
Essential: Medical degree from a recognized medical school or Post graduate qualification in related field of public health or child health.
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficiency in use of computer (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations);
- Ability to work in harmony with national/international staff of WHO and Ministry of Health;
- Ability to write clear reports and prepare presentation;
- Good skills in organizing and conducting meetings, workshops and training sessions;
- To be able to travel extensively through-out Indonesia.
- Producing results;
- Communicating in a credible and effective way;
- Fostering integration and teamwork;
- Ensuring the effective use of resources;
Essential: At least five years’ professional experience in the field of Immunization vaccine preventable disease control programme.
Desirable: 1) Familiarity with government structure and procedures; 2) Familiarity with WHO policies and practices; 3) Working experience with WHO or other UN Agencies at the national and international level is an asset.
Essential: Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Please submit applications to the WHO Representative, at WHO Office, Bina Mulia 1, Jl. HR Rasuna Said, Jakarta 12950. Please submit application in the attached ‘Personal History Form’ in English and send necessary certificates of qualifications and experience. At the top left of the application, please mention (Application for the post of TNP, National Immunization Officer Vacancy Notice WR/INO/09/TA11)
This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, we only accept applications from nationals of Indonesia. Please REFRAIN from applying if you are not a national of Indonesia.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted to undertake a written test or presentation prior to interview.
WHO does not cover any expenses related to participation in tests and/or interviews.
Annual salary: (Net of tax) In accordance with WHO salary scale for TNP at NO-A level.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or other tobacco users.