Property Maintenance Officer CIFOR
(Based in Bogor, Indonesia)
The Center for International Forestry Research advances human wellbeing, environmental conservation, and equity by conducting research to inform policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries. With Headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia and offices in Asia, Africa and South America, CIFOR works in over 30 countries worldwide and has links with researchers in 50 international, regional and national organizations. CIFOR is a member of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research.
CIFOR is looking for a qualified Property Maintenance Officer.
The Property Officer will be responsible for all maintenance planning, mechanical/electrical equipment installation, repair, safety, quality and preventive maintenance. The officer will also provide support by helping to supervise and monitor various construction and renovation projects at CIFOR. The incumbent should be a highly professional person who will work independently to perform a variety of duties to develop and implement all facilities/maintenance procedures. He or she will be the principal liaison concerning all maintenance issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements cost-saving initiatives to reduce parts and material inventories.
- Plans, schedules and monitors the timely completion of the maintenance work orders and the process.
- Aggressively pursues measures to reduce downtime.
- Works with the maintenance staff to proactively address equipment issues.
- Coordinates work of property maintenance and repair in consultation with the Administration Manager
- Participates in the review, development and implementation of buildings, grounds and machinery maintenance strategies.
- Maintains administrative records for all areas of responsibility in order to provide management with necessary information for forecasting expenditure and budgeting.
- Maintains the asset register and maintenance records.
- Completes task in a timely and organized fashion.
- Any other appropriate duties as required by the Administration Manager.
Education, Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in civil engineering, construction technology or a related field.
- At least five years of maintenance experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in property and infrastructure maintenance.
- Experience in preventive and predictive maintenance methods.
- Strong mechanical or electrical knowledge.
- Experience in problem solving and evaluation skills in the areas of property and infrastructure maintenance.
- Ability to develop, manage and evaluate systems, practices, processes and performance indicators relative to property maintenance.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety practices as well as quality assurance.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Indonesian.
- Demonstrates project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Able to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent re occurrence.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively and positively interact with people in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment including CIFOR staff, management and external contractors and suppliers.
- Have the ability to negotiate with a broad range of clients.
- Have integrity and the ability to exercise good judgment.
- Have initiative and capable of working independently as well as an effective team player.
All applications will be acknowledged, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. A letter of interest and CV including details of three referees (including phone and email) should be sent to:
Human Resources Department, CIFOR
Please indicate the position in the email subject line.