Proceeds & Conditions
The Fujitsu Scholarship benefits include tuition and fees for the EWKLP program. Other benefits, which vary in amount each year, are also included.
- Tuition and Fees for the EWKLP
- Stipend Toward Living Expenses *
- Applicants from the following countries/areas are not eligible to receive the monthly stipend: Australia, Hawaii, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan.
- Fujitsu Ltd. will provide a round-trip air ticket to cover transportation from the participant’s home country to Honolulu, and back. The selection of the air carrier and travel agent, including itinerary, is at the discretion of Fujitsu Ltd. In the event the participant wishes to change and/or expand the route and/or the period of stay, Fujitsu Ltd. reserves the right to withhold the original ticket.
- Health Insurance:
- Fujitsu Ltd. will provide medical insurance that covers a portion of the participant’s medical expenses during the program period. The participant pays all medical expenses not covered by the medical insurance. The selection of the medical insurance plan is at the discretion of Fujitsu Ltd.
- Housing Arrangements:
- JAIMS will assist in locating appropriate housing in Honolulu for all participants. Fujitsu Ltd. will provide and pay for participant accommodations in Japan.
- Visa Arrangements:
- When applicable, participants will be assisted in obtaining the F-1 Student visa to enter the U.S. EWKLP participants will be assisted with the appropriate visa to enter Japan, if necessary. The expense of obtaining the visa is the financial responsibility of the participant.
The Fujitsu Scholarship is offered with the expectation that the following conditions will be met by the recipients.
Upon EWKLP completion, all participants must submit a formal report that describes their learning experiences during the program.
Absence During the Fujitsu Scholarship Period
1. Should an emergency occur that requires travel to the participant’s home country, such travel shall be the participant’s personal expense. For the period of absence, the stipend will be prorated and subtracted from the applicable amount(s) set forth in the stipend toward living expenses.
2. All requests for absence should be submitted in writing to Fujitsu Ltd. (through JAIMS while in Hawaii) in advance, and should be addressed to the Fujitsu Scholarship Program in Japan.
Fujitsu Scholarship Termination
All selected scholars are required to participate in good faith, work diligently, and complete the EWKLP during the program period. Selected Fujitsu Scholars must understand and agree that any serious misconduct in this regard shall warrant immediate termination of the Fujitsu Scholarship without notice and at Fujitsu’s sole discretion. The following are some examples of misconduct that could result in such termination:
- Absence from or failure to complete the EWKLP without Fujitsu’s or JAIMS’ permission.
- Noncompliance with the regulations, policies, and other instructions of Fujitsu and/or JAIMS.
- Immoral, disorderly, indecent, or violent conduct.
- Falsification of, or misstatement in any student or program application or other records and/or at any interview.
- Failure to maintain good academic standing; unsatisfactory work performance.
If Fujitsu terminates the Fujitsu Scholarship for the participant pursuant to the above, the participant shall return to his/her home country immediately. The participant shall inform Fujitsu and/or JAIMS in advance of the date of his/her return and the address and phone number in his/her home country after return. The participant agrees that, effective as of the termination date, Fujitsu shall have no obligation to pay or provide anything under the Fujitsu Scholarship to the participant. Nonetheless, Fujitsu may at its sole discretion provide the participant with the appropriate air ticket for his/her return.
The participant agrees that if his/her conduct which has resulted in termination of the Fujitsu Scholarship pursuant to the above, in Fujitsu’s sole judgment, was made fraudulently, with malice or conscious disregard or otherwise in bad faith, the participant shall, upon Fujitsu’s request, immediately refund all the benefits and awards paid by Fujitsu and/or JAIMS hereunder to, or on behalf of him/her, to the date of the termination.
In addition to qualifying for the Fujitsu Scholarship, you must also qualify for admission to JAIMS’ EWKLP. For complete EWKLP information, refer to the EWKLP Application Packet contained at the bottom of the Application Checklist section. Fujitsu Scholarship qualifications include the following:
- A bachelor’s degree or a degree equivalent to a four-year standard baccalaureate degree in any discipline from a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- A minimum TOEFL score of 577/233/90 (paper/computer/Internet), TOEIC score of 750, or IELTS overall band test result of 6.5 or higher from tests taken between October 2008 and September 2010. The following applicants are exempt from submitting an English proficiency test score:
- * Applicants whose native language is English and who are from either the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Canada, or Singapore.
- * Applicants who hold a bachelor’s or advanced degree within the last five years from an accredited or recognized college or university in the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Canada, or Singapore.
- A minimum of three years of relevant full-time work experience (five years preferred) at the time of application.
- To qualify for the Fujitsu Scholarship, applicants must be a resident of the state of Hawaii, U.S.A., or a citizen of one of the following countries: Australia, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam.
Fujitsu Scholarship applications MUST include the following completed documents:
- Fujitsu Scholarship Application Form (including the essay and work experience information on separate sheets of paper)
- Two Recommendation Forms
- EWKLP Application Form
- Copy of TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS score report
- Valid test dates are between October 2008 and September 2010.
- Original Official Academic Transcripts
- Official academic transcripts must be sent directly from all academic institutions attended to the Fujitsu Hawaii Representative Office.
The above items must be mailed to:
Fujitsu Hawaii Representative Office
6660 Hawaii Kai Drive
Honolulu, HI 96825-1192
Deadline for submission: September 30, 2010
Applicants who fail to submit all documents by the due date cannot be considered.
Downloadable Application Packets:
- PDF Fujitsu Scholarship Application Packet (832KB / A4)
(Includes Recommendation Forms and EWKLP Application Form)