IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, creates opportunity for people to escape poverty and improve their lives. We foster sustainable economic growth in developing countries by supporting private sector development, mobilizing capital for private enterprise, and providing advisory and risk mitigation services to businesses and governments. Our new investments totaled $14.5 billion in fiscal 2009, helping channel capital into developing countries during the financial crisis. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC East Asia and the Pacific (CEA) is advertising to recruit, on a 6 months contract, that may be renewed after the initial period:
Short Term Consultant – Web Coordinator
Duties and Accountabilities
- Coordinating all aspects of the internal/external web sites for IFC East Asia and Pacific region, including site management, information architecture/user interface design, and content management. The consultant will also support the design and production of brochures, newsletters, corporate presentations, and other marketing collateral.
- Building, managing and maintaining internal and external websites, including keeping the sites dynamic and up to date. Also responsible for managing content in line with IFC/World Bank Group web policy and style guidelines.
- Working closely with the Head of Communications East Asia and the Pacific and the regional communications team to ensure that content is of highest quality, accurate, web-friendly, and consistent with regional/corporate messaging to meet strategic objectives.
- Edit photos/videos for multiple uses, including presentations, documents, and the web.
- In collaboration with the web development team in headquarters, suggest and implement new types of media to serve strategic objectives, including RSS, webcasts, podcasts, blogs, wikis, etc.
- Assist staff with producing web pages and project-related multi-media materials.
- Track web traffic and other measurement markers to determine strengths and weaknesses of sites. Help develop strategies to improve sites.
- Design brochures, newsletters, corporate presentations, and other marketing collaterals for use across the East Asia and the Pacific region.
- Proven skills in HTML, Macromedia flash, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, etc), Adobe Premier and other web design, graphic design, and multimedia design software
- Bachelor’s degree; minimum of 5 years of work experience in designing, building, managing websites and other print and multimedia outreach tools
- Demonstrated creativity on product development and design
- Ability to take initiative, prioritizes effectively, work with minimal supervision, and deliver according to deadlines
- Experience in a development organization or policy think tank a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to work in a team environment; demonstrated client orientation.
- Excellent English written and oral language-skills.
The position will report to the Head of Communications East Asia and the Pacific. The consultant will be working out of IFC’s Indonesia Jakarta office or another office in the East Asia and Pacific region.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is July 25, 2010.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls, faxes or letters will be accepted.