International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, promotes sustainable private sector investment and provides advisory services in developing countries, to help reduce poverty and improve people’s lives.
IFC’s East Asia and Pacific Department is currently recruiting a business services consultant to support its operations in Indonesia. S/he will report to the IFC Indonesia Head of Advisory Services (HAS).
This will be a short-term consultancy position, expected to require up to 100 days per year, on a flexible basis. This assignment will initially be posted for one year, with an option to extend based on need and performance.
The Business Services Consultant will be responsible for managing for the following:
- Supporting on all aspects of managing the relationship with IFCs donor partners, including representation of IFC, responding to requests for information, facilitation of donor reporting and preparation for annual and other meetings
- Coordinating the production and editing of documents required by IFC Indonesia Management team, including internal and external reporting, presentations, press releases and other documentation
- Supporting the coordination of special projects, and performing other ad hoc activities as required. Examples include cross-cutting analyses on the gender impact of our work, country strategy updates, and change management tools (internal website, business services surveys, etc.)
- A minimum of seven years of work experience with strong knowledge of development work and private sector issues
- Exceptional ability to write and communicate in English
- Excellent computer skills; master of standard technology packages, e.g., Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to operate under pressure and tight deadlines with accuracy and professionalism
- Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization is preferred
Application should be sent electronically to: email@example.com. Closing date for application is May 15th, 2009
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality. No telephone calls, faxes or mail will be accepted. Please note that ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted.