FOR EXPLORATION PROGRAM IN PAPUA BARAT
PT. Minorco Services Indonesia (PT. MSI) which is wholly owned subsidiary of Anglo American plc and has an office in Sorong, Papua Barat, Indonesia is currently conducting Mineral Exploration activities in Papua Barat region of Indonesia. PT. Minorco Services Indonesia has a vacancy for a COMMUNITY RELATIONS SUPERVISOR
- Positively manage face-to-face community consultation, organising and attending community liaison group meetings conducting presentations and completing reports on behalf of the organisation.
- Serve as the focal point of contact with the local Papua Barat communities, liaising with community leaders, local government units, local council members and community groups.
- Represent the company in the geographic area surrounding the site operation and as such, the candidate will be responsible for maintaining a positive corporate image as well as ensuring a strong flow of information between the company, community groups and local government units.
- Develop and lead the implementation of Community Capacity-Building Programs, in consultation with the community council, lode government units, community groups and other key stakeholders of the project
- Handle the day to day management of company’s Community Development Projects and initiatives implemented in areas and surrounding areas where the company is conducting mineral exploration activities.
- Facilitate community and community-related events, such as, but not limited to, Kampung assemblies and consultations.
- Ensure policies and procedures of the company on community relations and community development are adhered to. These policies will include Community Engagement Guidelines, SHEC-list, Good Citizenship and Business Principles.
- Must have 4-6 years of demonstrated working experience in Community Relations, Community Development Community Engagement preferably in the minerals end mining industry
- Must a have a degree in Community Development or Social Science from a reputable school or university.
- Must have highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, problem solving capabilities, knowledge of community planning and ability to develop strong networks, to be a strong contender for the position.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of community planning, community strengthening initiatives and positive community engagement.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in community engagement, participation and volunteering.
- Background in rural as opposed to urban poverty alleviation projects with good understanding of rural economies in terms of agriculture, fisheries, mining, forestry an advantage
- Experience in West Papuan area (people and culture), especially in rural poverty alleviation, educational, health and small business projects essential Ability to effectively communicate with company management. LGUs and communities
Interested applicants may send their email application letter & CV s with references to. Regina Gembenop (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Jun Baratang (email@example.com) not later than 28 November 2009.