International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies – Indonesia Delegation
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in over 196 countries
International Federation is looking for candidates to be based In Jakarta. Indonesia for the post of:
1. DATA NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Re-organize the pre-existing installation of the HP – ML350 servers in the Federation offices to matching setup.
- Organizing the directory structure of those servers to mach the filing policies of the federation.
- Carry, under close supervision, the user and group policies of different departments and locations to a fully functioning active directory setup, and organize a well structured shared folder space.
- Install, programme and schedule a completely automated back-up system for these servers. Also, Analyzing, planning and implementing a remote backup solution.
- Plan and carry, under close supervision, the access rights and authorizations of the users.
- Undertake any other relevant tasks/duties as may be reasonably requested by the Line Manager, including travels within Indonesia and ensure timely and accurate reporting upon request and managing the Federation programs and assets as agreed in adherence with the Federation standards and procedures.
2. SENIOR DISASTER RISK REDUCTION OFFICER
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Support Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI) in the scaling up for disaster risk reduction and climate change initiatives both in NHQ and chapter/branch levels (as required) and co-ordination initiatives with non-Red Cross organizations utilizing the Hyogo Framework for Acton, Climate Change Frameworks and the Federation’s Global DRR strategy as guidance.
- Increase knowledge of the existing the Federation policies and other standards tools
- Promote good governance and financial accountability within PMI.
- Enhance the level of co-ordination in PMI project implementation with other the Federation delegates, especially in promoting, developing and supporting risk reduction initiatives through community based integrated approach programmes
- Expand and consolidate the community based assessment and planning process within PMI, to enhance sharing of skills and lessons learnt.
- Liaise with the Red Cross/Red Crescent Climate Centre to provide/request technical advice and to enable support both for the Delegation and for the PMI in the matters of climate change and climate risk reduction. Maintain ongoing relationships with regional organizations for information sharing and collaboration opportunities
- Promote the integration and understanding of gender, climate change and disaster risk reduction
- Produce regular, accurate and timely reports for the Federation and for donors.
- Ensure efficient and effective management of any the Federation resources in the programmes under their responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with Federation procedures, regulations and policies in the area of operation and to seek management and policy advice and guidance as required.
- Ensure promotion and adherence to Code of Conduct, Sphere Standards and Principles and rules for disaster relief and any such standards subscribed by the Federation.
Qualification & Experience
- Diploma or higher in IT or equivalent (number 1)
- Red Cross/Red Crescent Induction Is preferred (number 1)
- 4 years minimum of work in server systems (MS-Windows Server 2003, AD, etc.) (number 1)
- Experience with local and remote network access technologies (number 1)
- Experience with ITIL processes, Data storage and filling is preferred (number 1)
- Experience in providing training and facilitating workshop is preferred (number 1)
- Skills in LAN/WAN technologies (number 1)
- Professional qualifications in social sciences (such as development or humanitarian affairs) (number 2)
- 2 years experience in disaster management and experience in managing, supporting staff (number 2) Experience of working for a humanitarian aid organization (or boarder civil society in a developing country and experience of working at a local level with communities (number 2)
- Understanding of disaster risk reduction and the Hyogo Framework for Action is preferred (number 2) proven experience in community-based programmes and projects and/or participatory methodologies (number 2)
- Knowledge of Climate change is preferred (number 2)
- Experience of work in developing partnerships at local, national and regional level (number 2)
- Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent is preferred (number 1,2)
- Have a good capability In spoken and written English an computer skiff (number 1,2)
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae latest on 17th May 2009 to:
Human Resources Department