DEPUTY DIRECTOR of the American Indonesian Exchange Foundation
The Bi-national Fulbright Commission in INDONESIA
The American-Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF) and the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State invite applications from U.S. or Indonesian citizens for the Jakarta based position of Deputy Director of the American-Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF). This is a new position.
The Deputy Director will assist the Executive Director of the American-Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF) with the administration of Fulbright and related programs and Education USA in Indonesia. The Deputy Director must have a thorough understanding of the Indonesian and American educational systems; s/he will have strong organizational and interpersonal skills and be committed to promoting mutual understanding between the United States of America and Indonesia. Under the guidance of the Executive Director, S/he will liaise with Indonesian government and educational bodies to further develop exchanges with the United States.
S/he will also have primary oversight of AMINEF’s Education USA Offices and staff. The position will require travel throughout Indonesia to promote and encourage applications from all universities in Indonesia for the Fulbright program and other U.S. and Indonesian Government funded programs which are administered by the American-Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF). The Deputy Director will report to the Executive Director of the American-Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF), who in turn reports to a binational Board of Directors designated by the United States and Indonesian governments. The Deputy Director will also be responsible for alumni relations, outreach, and publicity.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the field of administering international educational exchange (knowledge of, and experience with Indonesian and U.S. Government programs is an advantage) in Indonesia
- Thorough understanding of Indonesian society, education systems, and culture
- Demonstrated ability or experience in program and fiscal management, academic recruitment, personnel administration, and outreach / public relations, and marketing
- Proven track-record of dynamic leadership and management, strategic planning, and organizational innovation
- Ability to interact effectively with American and Indonesian academics, government officials, NGO and business leaders
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia and English a must. Must be able to translate quasi legal documents and letters quickly and efficiently from English to Bahasa Indonesia and vice versa.
- Familiarity with modern information systems (Internet, database, e-mail, other new media)
- Advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to equal opportunity
- Demonstrated record of innovation and creativity
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and follow through to meet various deadlines
A one-year renewable contract will be offered to the succesful candidate. Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
A letter of application addressing the above qualifications and accompanied by a CV, and 2 letters of recommendation stating qualifications in managing or administering educational exchange programs should be received by hard copy to:
Search Committee/Executive Director
American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF)Balai Pustaka 6th Floor
Jl. Gunung Sahari Raya #4
Jakarta Pusat 10720
Applications must be received by June 30th 2010 to be considered.