Make a difference
Exciting Job Opportunity with Oxfam GB in Indonesia
Oxfam GB is an international NGO working in over 70 countries and has worked for over 50 years in Indonesia. Oxfam GB now focuses its efforts on empowering women, building the resilience of those living in poverty to shocks and disasters (including responding to emergencies), and improving the effectiveness and accountability of governance for those living in poverty and especially women.
FINANCE and SYSTEMS MANAGER
Based in Jakarta, the Finance and Systems Manager will provide essential finance and system support to the Indonesia programme. To effectively lead the country team on all matters of financial, information systems and administration; ensure effective use of resources across the programme; provide advice to Country Director and senior management. You will oversee the preparation of budgets; management of bank and cash and its recording; preparation of monthly and annual accounting returns; production of timely management information; and budget monitoring. This will include providing appropriate support and monitoring to partners and implementation of General Ledger system; and support internal and external audits as required. In co-ordination with the Indonesia Country Funding Coordinator and relevant Project Managers, you will ensure that all donor financial requirements in relation to restricted funding contracts are monitored and met, including timely donor reporting. You will have to ensure Senior Managers have up to date financial information, ensure that all financial reporting requirements are being adhered to and met in an efficient and effective manner, and to ensure country programme staff are well informed and trained on all developments in financial, information system, and administration policies/rules/ways of working. You will also have to support effective training and implementation of the Oxfam PeopleSoft system throughout the Indonesia programme, including HELIOS system.
- Recognized accountancy qualification
- A minimum of 5 years experience in providing a whole range of financial services to an organization, ideally with at least two years in the NGO or public sector
- Good leadership skills: at least two years experience of working in a supervisory position within a team structure
- Good knowledge of information systems management and administration
- Good communication skills – verbal and written – English and Indonesian.
- Ability to produce quality financial management information and analysis
- Ability to monitor donor contracts and produce requisite high quality and timely reports
- Analytical and planning skills
- Proven knowledge of computerized systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerized accounting packages and spreadsheets
- Self-management including: ability to prioritize own workload and work independently and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively to achieve results
- Knowledge of local laws and statutory requirements
- Strong commitment to gender, diversity issues, equal opportunities and capacity building
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, including the job title in the subject line, to:
Closing date: 30th April 2011
Oxfam is committed to ensuring diversity and gender equity within our organization www.oxfam.org.uk/eastasia