The Bahrain Petroleum Company (BAPCO), wholly owned by the Government of Bahrain, is engaged in the oil industry including exploration and prospecting for oil, drilling, production, refining, distribution of petroleum products and natural gas, sales and exports of crude oil and refined products. The company owns and operates a 260,000 barrels-a-day refinery, storage facilities for more than 14 million barrels, a marketing terminal and a marine terminal for its petroleum products.
To assist in our efforts to explore new oil and gas reserves and to revitalize our existing wells, we are seeking to employ suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the following positions:
The incumbent shall:
• Participate in the preparation of geological models for various reservoirs based on stochastic approach.
• Generate different scenarios of property distribution stochastically constrained within a geological model.
• Associate with the Reservoir Characterization Geologist in quantification of uncertainty in reservoir heterogeneity. Assist in risk assessment of reservoir models generated considering different realizations.
• Carry out geostatistical applications to develop geological model based stochastic approach.
The ideal candidate shall have:
• A Degree in Geology (B.Sc.).
• At least 5 years of experience in applying geostatistical tools to build multiple realizations of sub surface property distribution.
• Fundamental knowledge on development geological aspects.
• Basic knowledge in log interpretation. Experience with one of the leading industry related application software preferably Gocad or Petrel.
Attractive salary and benefits package awaits the successful candidates
Please apply by emailing your CV to: email@example.com
Human Resources Department, H-18, R-FAB,
The Bahrain Petroleum Company,
P.O. Box 25555 Awali,
Kingdom of Bahrain