Duties and Accountabilities
The Head of Communication will lead the office’s communication and outreach efforts which would include:
- Managing the World Bank’s relationship with a range of stakeholders, including CSOs, academic institutions, and opinion leaders in Indonesia.
- Enhancing the World Bank’s policy dialogue on key issues in development and poverty reduction by helping the WB staff to build, maintain and utilize an effective network of contacts and interactions across the entire range of Indonesian stakeholders.
- Planning, developing and implementing an effective communications and outreach strategy as an essential component of the Bank’s overall engagement, and dissemination of knowledge and information with various stakeholders. This includes developing and maintaining effective strategic relationships and dialogue with key constituents to strengthen the WB’s overall effectiveness.
- Managing a communications team that incorporates the World Bank’s information network centers, publications production and dissemination service and web-based resources.
- Serving as one of the lead spokespersons for the World Bank in Indonesia, representing the institution in a wide range of meetings, conferences and media events.
- Advising the Country Director and management team on key developments in Indonesia that affect the WB’s Country Partnership Strategy.
- Providing strategic advice on risks and opportunities related to the Indonesia program to the EAP Regional Communications Advisor and regular participation in EAP EXT team discussions, joint activities and forums.
The Head of Communication will also draw from the resources of the WB’s global communications network. He/she as a senior officer will report to the Regional Communications Advisor in Washington DC and the Country Director in Jakarta.
This assignment is suitable for candidates who combine a consuming interest and relevant experience in the areas of public affairs, development, and communications, with country operational background. The selected candidate will:
- Hold a post-graduate degree in a relevant social-science field
- Have at least 8 years of relevant experience in the areas of international or public affairs, development economics, or communications (field experience strongly preferred);
- Have credibility with country stakeholders, such as CSOs, academic institutions, and media;
- Established knowledge of communications approaches, tools, and methodologies for planning, executing and monitoring communications strategies;
- Possess very strong analytical, strategic, writing and presentation skills;
- Have considerable familiarity with country operations;
- Have shown strong leadership and teambuilding skills as well as being a strong team player;
- Show a willingness to innovate and seek creative solutions in difficult contexts;
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with people at various professional levels and diverse backgrounds
- Personal and professional integrity, self motivation and proven ability to work under minimum supervision
- Above all balance patience with persistence and humility with candor.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Closing Date: 27-Mar-2010