Career – SSB – Academic
Sampoerna School of Business
Job Opening (ACADEMIC Position)
About the Sampoerna School of Business (SSB)
The Sampoerna School of Business is a newly established school in Jakarta. The School aims to be a Best Practice Model for the Internationalization of Tertiary Education in Indonesia. The School will offer undergraduate programs in Accounting and Management, It commences its teaching programs in September 2010.
The Sampoerna School of Business is a pathway after the Sampoerna School of Education toward the establishment of PSF University.
The School of Business has the following vacant academic positions for the 2010 / 2011 academic year which it aims to fill as soon as possible:
Head of English and Mathematics Foundation Studies
The incumbent will be expected to have a commitment to teaching and learning, and to lead the Foundation Studies Unit which covers both English and Mathematics / Statistics. Responsible for the day-to-day management of Foundation Studies’ staff and resources, the position is expected to ensure that students receive the best possible learning experience by keeping course content current and relevant. In addition, the position will oversee curriculum initiatives and developments, teach across a number of English subjects including ”English for Academic Purposes”, actively participate in teaching and learning development activities, and assist with students’ activities and School events.
- The conduct of tutorials, lectures and seminars.
- The development and maintenance of contemporary course material.
- Subject and course coordination.
- Involvement in professional activities and/ or programs involving commercial practitioners.
- Consultation with students.
- Lead and manage the English and Math Foundation Studies Unit and deliver on the agreed strategies in relation to English and Math teaching and learning and student learning support.
- Formulate teaching and learning strategies in collaboration with the relevant staff for the improvement of teaching and learning in the Unit.
- Manage and deliver advice and assistance to staff to improve the teaching and learning process and to take a proactive role as required.
- Keep abreast of relevant research and innovative developments in relation to teaching and learning and student support and evaluate and integrate where applicable new initiatives and programs.
- Review, implement and manage evaluation methodologies for English and Math teaching and learning strategies and for student support programmes.
- Organize and lead workshops for staff and students on English and Math teaching and learning issues.
- Provide advice to the Dean and Heads of Departments on any matter related to foundation studies.
- A Master or PhD degree in education or equivalent qualifications as well as TESOL / TEFL qualifications or equivalent.
- Experience in heading equivalent foundation studies units at reputable institutions and/or programs.
- Demonstrated excellence in staff management skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching, lecturing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in student learning support at tertiary levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in working with Asian students.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work collaboratively with staff in designing and implementing transformed curricula, including the use of learning management skills, multimedia, educational and communication technologies.
- A good understanding of effective evaluation methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- An evident concern for the welfare of students.
- Minimum three years of relevant working experiences.
- Previous work in education institution would be an advantage.
- Mature and presentable, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Skilled in various computer applications (Office, Internet, etc.).
Submit applications to:
HR Department at email@example.com
Please submit your application letter, with a detailed CV and references. State the job title of the position in the e-mail subject.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for the next selection process.