Join CIFOR and make a difference
THINKING BEYOND THE CANOPY
Director, Human Resources
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is one of the leading forestry research centres in the world. Our mission is to advance human wellbeing, environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to inform policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries. We are one of 15 centres within the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, and we have over 80 scientists and associates conducting research in the forests of Asia, Africa and South America.
We are a growing organisation that is making a difference and we are now seeking a dynamic and visionary Human Resources Director to join our management team.
Candidates will share our mission and our commitment to professionalism, innovation, impact and collaboration. We further look for candidates who are forward thinking, results oriented and keen for improvement.
The Director will provide overall strategic Human Resources leadership to the organization and will contribute to centre-level initiatives. The Director will ensure the development and implementation of global best practices in human resources management and will foster a workplace environment consistent with the organization’s values and mission. The Director will lead the Human Resources team in the provision of proactive, results-oriented services. The Director reports to the Director General.
- Relevant degree in human resources management, business administration or related studies and progressive experience in international HR management preferably in an international organization.
- Extensive human resources knowledge, with experience in change management and organizational development.
- Have sound judgment, demonstrates exceptional facilitating skins, and has proven diplomatic and influencing skids.
- Values the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning, and is committed to staff development.
- Outstanding English writing and speaking skills and proficiency in other international languages is desirable.
To learn more about CIFOR, the position and how to apply, please visit our web site at http://www.cifor.cqiar.org/Careers
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.