THIS IS FAO POST, PLEASE SEND DIRECTLY APPLICATION IN LINE WITH APPLICATION PROCEDURE AS OUTLINED BELOW
I. Organizational Context
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a United Nation agency which provides technical assistance in Indonesia. One of our projects since 2006 provides support for the control of Avian Influenza, in cooperation with national and regional Indonesian government livestock authorities. Project activities are conducted in various locations nationwide.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, general supervision of the Project Manager and under direct supervision of Senior Information Technology Assistant, in close coordination with the FAO-R Information Resources Assistant, Operations Support Unit, and appropriate Information Technology Division (KCT), Office for Coordination and Decentralization (OCD) and Emergency Operations and Rehabilitation Division (TCE) support staff, and in compliance with FAO standards, guidelines and procedures, perform duties relating to support and maintenance of Project Information Technology resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
II. Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
- Administer Windows Server 2003 and Share Point Server
- Schedule, perform, and monitor backups; performs data recoveries as necessary
- Administer, monitor and maintain network infrastructure and cabling, including firewall, routers, wireless access points, and switches
- Provide day-to-day technical support and guidance to staff at the FAO, CMU and LDCC as a help desk
- Assist on the operational in close collaboration with CMU counterpart in order to support IT system integration, capacity building, and knowledge transfer;
- Regularly together with Senior Information Technology (SIT) discuss and coordinate with senior management with regards to operational and administrative matters relating to IT equipment, systems and resources requirements
- Assist the SIT top provide first-level user set-up and support for the ICT related services including the Local Area Network, Wide-area Network, WiFi, Servers, Projectors, Video Conferencing, printers, and PC hardware / software. Log and track user requests and produce report on request;
- Assist the SIT top provide first- level user set- up and support for the ICT related services including the Local Area Network, wide- area Network, WiFi, servers, projectors, video conferencing, printers and PC hardware/ software. Log and track user requests and produce report on request
- Assist the SIT to install workstations as required for both permanent and temporary FAO staff and visitors at the DCC Project office, RMU offices and other LDCC offices as necessary
- Assist the SIT to maintain in conjunction with the Operations Support Unit, the inventory of ICT related hardware and software. Perform annual auditing of IT assets in the office
- Ensure availability of sufficient IT equipment, spare parts and manages the disposition of broken/ liquidated equipment with Logistics
- Manages all links and wireless connectivity and monitors traffic
- Ensure secured operation of all servers and services through the use of security and encryption tools
- Administer and support DNS, web and SMS gateway services
- Monitor system logs and activity on server
- Research, install, and test software updates and patches in support to applications and operating systems
- Research and develops IT tools which will be useful for the project.
- Document and log all changes to system software and configurations.
- Compile and record equipment repair and works tracking tools
- Perform other duties as assigned.
III. Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the success of FAO/ GOI Avian Influenza Control Programme implementation in Indonesia.
- Demonstrates commitment to FAO vision, mission and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Contributes effectively to team work and team outcomes;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines;
- Ability to work without direct supervision;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and public relation skills;
Required Skills and Experience
V. Recruitment Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information systems or related areas
- At least two (2) years experience in IT support
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and a good command of writing and speaking English
- Experience with administering MS Windows server 2003
- Experience configuring and administering DNS and active directory
- Expert knowledge of windows XP/ Vista, PHP, MySQL, Office 2003/2007, other software applications including: graphic design, image editing, video editing and etc.
- Knowledge of Network security, LAN/WAN architecture, VoIP and Firewall/ Router/ Switch configuration
- Knowledge of Cisco solutions, especially Cisco certification holder is a plus
- Able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; strong problem solving skill
- Experience working with an international organization a plus
Good knowledge of the English language and speak Bahasa fluently
All applications should be addressed to
Operations Support Unit
Office of the FAO Representative in
11th Floor Menara Thamrin Building
Jl. M. H. Thamrin Kav 3 Jakarta 10250
Email address: FAO-ID@fao.org
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a one-page cover letter and updated curriculum vitae (CV in English) together with complete contact details of three professional references.
Closing date: 6 May 2009