Under the general supervision of the Director of the UNESCO Office, Jakarta, and in direct supervision of the Programme Officer of Jakarta Tsunami Information Center (JTIC) / UNESCO Office Jakarta Disaster Risk Reduction team, the incumbent shall perform the following functions:
1. Assist the Program Officer of JTIC in the implementation of UNESCAP project, “Tsunami Awareness and Preparedness Tools and Materials Assessment Project”:
- develop a collection of tsunami awareness and preparedness tools and materials located in Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, and Timor Leste so that printed materials can be distributed in coastal communities in each countries;
- develop depository collection in the multi-language JTIC website to make the tsunami awareness and preparedness tools and materials available worldwide.
2. Provide support to the program officer of JTIC in the day to day coordination of the project activities, i.e. assist in planning, implementing and reporting the activities of the unit;
3. Provide support in the coordination among all units within the UNESCO Office, Jakarta in regard to their activities related to disaster preparedness, disaster risk reduction, disaster education, etc.;
4. Provide support in maintaining contact with institutions and individuals involved in the project and prepare correspondence especially when such communication is needed;
5. Support the preparation of information sources for the website among others, the incumbent will contribute to:
- Liaise with other communities (NGO, INGO, association, institution) who are active in the Tsunami Preparedness and Mitigation;
- Act as information resource providing for the development, publication, and distribution of educational and preparedness materials on tsunami and tsunami hazards especially in local languages.
6. Maintain the JTIC Web-site and develop information database of tsunami awareness and preparedness tools and materials, the development of the Indian Ocean Tsunami Early Warning System, and other relevant tsunami and disaster risk reduction information. Coordinate, integrate, and manage all of the information and database in formation contributed to the website;
7. Prepare and update summaries, short reports, aides-memoirs’, presentations and databases with relevant information concerning tsunami awareness and preparedness tools and materials;
8. Assist in the development of UNESCO proposals for external funding, including document preparation and revision;
9. Undertake other duties as assigned by the Director of the UNESCO Office, Jakarta and/or the Programme Officer of Tsunami Information Center Jakarta.
- Strong communication skills (spoken and written).
- Team worker/builder, proven record in working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals and ensure timely delivery of results.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, with efficiency, competence, integrity and in harmony with people of different national backgrounds.
- Ability to identify priority activities and assignments and make necessary adjustments as required.
- Ability to work under heavy pressure while maintaining accuracy and paying attention to details.
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours whenever necessary.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze complex issues.
- Some Knowledge of the UN systems, financial and administrative rules and practices.
Educations and Training Background:
A University Degree (or equivalent), preferably of disaster risk reduction principles and knowledge of maintaining web content, and information resources.
- At least 4 years relevant experiences in community development and capacity building projects with local and international organizations;
- Having strong computer skills (e.g, Microsoft Office 2003 including Microsoft Outlook 2003), familiarity with content management software for editing, updating, editing web content i.e Joomla;
- Having experience in creating public awareness and other public relation functions through web-based materials and information dissemination
- Developing networks among local stakeholders that involved in disaster risk reduction issues
Languages: Must have fluency in spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia, ability to draft documents and express views in a clear and concise manner, working knowledge of French is an asset.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted
Post may be filled at a grade below this advertised level if the education, experience and current status of the applicant should so warrant. Post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by person recruited in the local community areas of the office
Send the application by email and most recent Curriculum Vitae, quoting “Jr. Project Assistant for Disaster Risk Reduction” as subject, by 7 August 2009 to:
UNESCO Office, Jakarta
Saya kristo kono tertarik pada posisi yg ditawarkan. no contact:081384727247/081317422269.