ET Consultant – PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for development. Its primary focus is to fight against poverty and improve the living standards of people in the developing world. The World Bank Group has ten offices in seven cities in Indonesia with over 700 staff, one of the largest pools of development professionals in the world, working hard to support Indonesia’s development program.
This position is accountable for providing procurement policy expertise, in consultation with procurement hub leader , to different teams within the Bank as well as to the government agencies involved in public procurement reform.
Key accountabilities include
- Works independently on matters relating to procurement policy and public procurement reform, seeking guidance on complex projects/issues from senior procurement staff.
- Working across sectors and government agencies and different levels of government, is responsible for promoting and supporting activities related to public procurement reform and improvement of procurement practices
- Collaborating with the Indonesian National Public Procurement Agency on the public procurement reform. In particular provide review and analysis of procurement law and decrees, model national bidding documents, electronic government procurement systems (e-procurement) , complaint handling mechanisms, capacity building strategy, monitoring and evaluation systems etc….
- Working with selected line ministries, provide assistance and support to reform initiatives such as use of e-procurement, creating professional procurement services units/teams, streamlining procurement procedures, developing performance monitoring systems etc…
- Working with selected local governments, provide assistance and support to reform initiatives such as use of e-procurement, creating professional procurement services units/teams, streamlining procurement procedures, developing performance monitoring systems etc…
- Collaborate with local universities and other institutions to develop, launch and deliver educational and occupational training courses in public procurement.
- Provides advice to clients and Bank staff on concepts, policies and procedures for international and local procurement.
- Participates in country procurement assessments and prepares necessary analysis.
- Designs and conducts workshops to educate procurement professionals in the Bank and in borrower agencies on the Bank’s procurement policies, the rationale of its policy framework, national procurement procedures.
- Prepares a range of procurement-related documents and reports.
- Provides guidance and training to junior procurement staff at grades GD and GE.
- Work implies frequent interaction with the following
- Managers and Technical Specialists in the work unit and staff from other agencies, donors, consultants and borrowers. Within the Bank, significant work will be carried with the PREM team.
Essential Specialized Skills/Knowledge/Competencies
- Good knowledge of concepts and principles of and approaches to international procurement, and of public procurement systems.
- Knowledge of procurement legislation, systems, practices and agencies in Indonesia .
- Specialized knowledge of and significant experience in 2-3 substantive areas/aspects of procurement (e.g. public procurement policies, practices, institutions in developed and/or developing countries).
- Proven analytical and evaluative skills, including the ability to independently provide well researched analyses of key procurement issues and problems.
- Understanding of Bank business objectives, policies and practices related to project/sector and critical links to procurement.
- Task/project management skills
- Strong communication skills and persuasiveness in presenting, discussing and resolving difficult issues, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to identify complex issues and to respond and handle accordingly; does not add unnecessary complexity to tasks
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective business relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a matrix management environment.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Bahasa languages.
- Minimum Education: MA/MS (An advanced degree with a major in a relevant discipline e.g. Engineering, Law, Procurement, Finance, Business or Commerce).
- Minimum Years of Relevant Experience: 5
Closing Date: 12-Aug-2009