PT KALTIM PRIMA COAL (PT KPC)
A vacancy exists within Legal Department for the position of Superintendent – Legal. Those who are interested in and meet the requirement for this position are invited to apply.
Key elements of the position include:
- Working closely with external lawyers in advising, structuring, reviewing, drafting, negotiating, and executing KPC or Group corporate actions and KPC’s documents especially related to new investments or expansions made by KPC or its group.
- Negotiating, reviewing and drafting material contracts to be entered into by and between KPC and other parties (including for contracts related with new investments or expansions made by KPC or its group) as well as analyzing and providing legal memorandum, if necessary, in relation with the performance of the contract.
- Control the validity of all KPC’s licenses and/or permits required for KPC to conduct its mining operations under the Coal Contract of Work (“CCOW”) or any other related regulations.
- To assess the prevailing laws and regulations in regards with whether KPC is obliged to procure a particular licenses in running its business or project(s).
- To assess the new and/or existing laws and regulations in regards with whether KPC is obliged to pay some retributions and levies whatsoever during the period of its CCOW or any of its extension.
- To assess and/or examine and/or respond any formal and/or informal correspondence from and/or to government institutions or other external parties.
- To handle and/or coordinate with the external lawyer on any KPC’s legal disputes including to conduct correspondence and/or negotiate with counterparty (ies) in order to procure the best settlement upon any KPC’s disputes.
- To prepare standard procedures related with potential dispute, litigation, permit processing, and assessment of prevailing laws and regulations related to compliance and litigation.
- Conduct legal analysis to any disputes or legal cases; provide legal consultation and advice to KPC Management and all company divisions as requested specifically in regards with compliance and litigation.
- Publish any relevant information to KPC’s employees in regards with compliance and litigation.
- Advise management and the division on implication of proposed laws/regulation affecting the company.
- Liaise with any institution(s) or government function(s) related with litigation and compliance issues related to KPC.
- Provide legal basic training to all departments having high possibility to have direct legal related problem with third parties specifically in regards with compliance and litigation matters.
- Prepare the Compliance and Litigation Section strategy and activity plans; manage and control weekly and monthly plan implementation.
- Promote and reinforce compliance with KPC’s safety rules and regulation to all staff and contractors.
- Promote and reinforce compliance with KPC’s health and environmental management policy; monitor operational activities to identify non-conformance and taking the appropriate corrective measures.
- Manage, appraise and evaluate subordinates to assess their performance; provide individual feedback and coaching; organize training and enhance their professional and technical skills as well as their attitudes.
- Review and propose monthly and annual operational budget; manage and control its implementation especially in regards with the budget of compliance and litigation section.
- Develop and maintain appropriate and efficient operating procedures and practices; apply the most optimum way in running every department program.
- Determine improvement target; find inefficiency root causes; determine and implement action plan; measure results; standardize; and continue the same process to other costly or inefficient programs using continuous improvement methods.
- Law faculty graduate from reputable university having GPA minimum 3.00.
- Minimum 7 (seven) years’ work experience in reputable law firm.
- Familiar with Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) and Mining Services contracts.
- Possess an Advocate License from PERADI.
- Having excellent knowledge about the Indonesian Business law, Indonesian procedural laws, Domestic/International arbitration.
- Having Commitment to finish the task given in timely manner.
- Having excellent integrity.
- Capable of working under pressure, minimum supervision, self motivated, result oriented and a team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill (oral & written) in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Having Experience working in mining companies.
- Familiar in operating system: Windows TM 98/NT/2000/XP, Internet, etc.
- Good interpersonal skills, personality and manner.
Please send your application with a comprehensive CV (include Salary Expectation) and a recent photograph, within 2 weeks after this advertising published with email address:
PT KALTIM PRIMA COAL
PO BOX 620 Balikpapan 76106 Kalimantan Timur
Or Email: Recruitment@kpc.co.id
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process