EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT CONOCOPHILLIPS
ConocoPhillips is an international, integrated energy company headquartered in Houston, Texas, and operating in more than 40 countries.
As a Production Sharing Contractor for BPMIGAS, we operate many producing and exploration blocks in Indonesia. To support our expanding operations in Indonesia, ConocoPhillips is looking for talented Indonesian nationals to fill in the following position:
The successful candidate is expected to support all COPI s offshore installations in Indonesian waters in the area of marine operations. The main duties will include providing technical input to management in decision making process and to offshore installations, in the area of naval architecture and marine operations; organize/coordinate offshore marine operations and maintenance activities, communicate with marine and engineering contractors, marine warranty surveyor companies; regulatory agencies, such as DnV, ABS, and Bureau Veritas, and COP Houston experts on various marine operation and naval architecture related technical issues.
Qualification & Experience:
- Education: BS in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering required, advanced degree in the same areas a plus.
- Candidate is expected to have solid technical understanding of the basic principles of naval architecture and/or ocean engineering; have 3~5 years of practical experience in oil or ship building industry; familiar with various types of offshore floating structures, especially FPSOs and FSOs. Pertinent experience in operation of FPSOs and FSOs is required.
- A minimum of a Chief Mate Class 1 Certificate of Competency with Tanker Endorsement (Oil).
- He is expected to have basic understanding of the design, fabrication and installation of offshore floating structures, such as semisubmersible, tension leg platforms and/or other types of floating structures, in addition to FPSOs and FSOs.
- In depth knowledge is required in the areas of vessel static and dynamic stability, hydrodynamics, vessel motion analysis and results interpretation, mooring design, installation and maintenance, principles and maintenance of flexible risers, turret and swivel, floating hoses, single point mooring buoys, marine hawsers, etc.
- Understanding of marine operations of working vessels, such as supply vessels, transportation barges and tugs is also required. He or she must be able to communicate in English with peers within COP and outside entities at sufficient technical levels.
- Experience in the use and auditing of Safety Management Systems as applied to Tankers.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal skill and team player with proactive approach to decision making process.
- A Tanker Endorsement (Gas) would also be desirable.
Only those individuals who fully meet the above requirements need apply. Write down THE POSITION TITLE you apply in the subject of your email. Send your application and CV not later than 12 August 2009 to: