GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company focused on solving some of the world’s toughest problems. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming, and water purification, a one-stop hub for infrastructure needs and more.
GE in Indonesia is currently having 2 two vacancies
- Market Development Manager – based in Balikpapan (Code: MD-BP)
- Market Development Manager – based in Palembang (Code: MD-PL)
This position is port of the GE Management team, to support the market development in the country. Acting as a scout for GE, the incumbents will search for new territories, identifies new business opportunities, and develop long term-win-win relationships that enhance GE’s market and mind shore.
The incumbent would be responsible for the following job activities:
- Support the infrastructure businesses in closing significant transactions by supplementing business relationship in the governments, G2G and customer organizations.
- Support corporate initiatives: ecomagination, healthymagination, enterprise selling into new industry verticals;
- Identify new opportunities in wide spaces to grow revenue in various GE businesses;
- Help broaden sales to our existing customer base and bring in the new revenue prospects.
- Build strong and enduring relationships with the government and its officials to grow GE Businesses, monitor and influence government policies and regulations;
- Organize events and activities to enhance GE’s branding and mindshare;
- Develop cross-business marketing and selling tools for the businesses;
- Provide advice and industry information to the areas of economics, competitors, regulatory environment and politics within his/ her scope responsibility,
- Support National Executive office in areas such as compliance, leadership and commercial trainings, and strengthening the country marketing efforts.
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent
- Knowledge of strategic marketing tools
- Experience leading and motivating direct and cross-functional teams
- Analysis and problem solving
- Negotiating skills
- Fluent in English
Specific competence required:
- Post-graduate business degree (MBA)
- Experienced or previously worked for US companies
- Good networking in government relations
- Very energized
- Ability to engage at high levels
Interested applicants are invited to submit their complete resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject mentioning job code, not later than June 15, 2010. All applicants will be treated in strict confidentiality and only short listed candidates will be notified.