Mine Technical Services Manager
The Mine Technical Services Manager will :
- Ensure Mine Plans and Schedules are developed in accordance with safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure Mining Operations comply with relevant statutory, corporate and site standards
- Develop procedures and policies as required to improve the quality of mine engineering including drill and blast.
- Develop Life of Mine mining plans
- Oversee and ensure annual Mining Department budgets, forecasts and schedules are delivered within agreed time frames.
- Implement a continuous improvement approach to Mining Operations and correlated systems
- Ongoing technical training and development of Junior staff
- Degree qualification in Mining Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Minimum 10 years experience in open cut mineral mines, preferably gold.
- Extensive technical experience in short, medium and life of mine planning
- Extensive technical experience with Drill and Blast improvement
- Strong block modelling, scheduling and pit design optimisation experience
- Knowledge of Whittle, Surpac, Minesched and JKSimblast software or similar
- Minimum 3 years experience leading a cross functional team of professionals and a strong commitment to supporting the growth of junior engineers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Overseas experiences are the most favourable candidate.
National Geotechnical Engineer
The National Geotechnical Engineer will :
- Manage Geotechnical and Hydrological issues across site.
- Liaise with outside consultants.
- Implement monitoring programs as required.
- Conduct slope stability analysis as required.
- Conduct/Manage geotechnical mapping as required.
- Provide reports on slope stability as required.
- Develop processes to geotechnically log core.
- Participation and input into short, mid and long term design program for the open pit, waste dump, and mine infrastructure.
- 5 years experience in Senior Geotechnical Role.
- Degree qualified (Engineering or Geology).
- Proficient in the use of computer software to perform geotechnical analysis
- Experience in establishing monitoring programs.
- Proficient in writing report
The Survey Superintendent will:
- Manage daily activities of the Survey Team
- Ensure good survey practice is being followed
- Review and develop survey procedure as required
- Ensure data processing is done in a timely manner
- Responsible for ensuring EOM surveys are completed in accordance with agreed timeframes.
- Co-ordinate regular calibration checks of survey equipment
- Arrange and co-ordinate required training for the survey team
- Attend daily planning meeting to co-ordinate survey activities with Mine Engineers, Geologist and Operation Personnel.
- Prepare Annual Budget for Survey Team
- 10+ years experience in Senior Surveyor/Superintendent.
- Degree qualified.
- Proficient in the use of Surpac/Microsoft Office
- Proficient in writing and speaking English
Applicants should apply in writing with a recent photo no later than January 10th 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org setting out experience and explaining why they are right for the position. Applicants of interest will be contacted for a personal interview.
PT INDO MURO KENCANA – STRAITS
Jl. MT Haryono No.77 RT.100
Balikpapan – Kalimantan Timur – 76115