An OPERATIONS ANALYST is needed to conduct the following tasks:
– Provide substantive operational and financial management support to Social Development Unit Task Team Leaders. Apply professional-level knowledge at a broad level to complete operational assignments. This includes coordinating policy and operational issues with internal and external clients, including the Government of Indonesia.
– Perform a broad range of portfolio management tasks in the work unit, e.g., monitoring the implementation of projects under execution; and monitoring the progress of financial and trust fund arrangements. Handle the internal WB processes related to trust fund establishment, call for funds, and financial reporting.
– Prepare, under guidance of more senior staff, financial update reports for task teams.
– Participate as a member of Bank missions (preparation, appraisal, supervision)
– Work closely with members of the Social Development and PNPM teams on financial, administration and trust fund arrangements.
– Liase with members of the government PNPM Coordination Team, including the Ministry of Social Welfare, Ministry of Planning, and Ministry of Home Affairs. Participate in team discussions with government counterparts regarding PNPM.
– Coordinate with donors on grant and trust fund issues, especially relating to processing of agreements and financing.
The position requires the following qualifications and attributes :
– Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in relevant discipline and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
– Familiarity with community development programs in developing countries. Knowledge of the Indonesian rural development challenges is advantageous.
– Solid grasp of basic management skills, especially financial management, operations, and trust funds management.
– Previous World Bank and other international development agency experience is an advantage.
– Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal/external partners and promote collaboration in a multi-cultural environment.
– Proven problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to apply these in carrying out operational tasks.
– Ability to multi-task.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate well in Indonesian and English is a plus.
– Advanced computer skills and full proficiency in the use of spreadsheets and relevant software applications.
Closing Date: 02 January 2009