Duties and Accountabilities
The Operations Officer would be part of the MDF Secretariat stationed in the Banda Aceh office and reporting to Deputy Program Manager – Aceh and work under the overall guidance of the MDF Program Managers. S/he will coordinate closely with the Operations Officer – M&E in Jakarta and be responsible for ensuring project and portfolio level quality as well as assisting the Deputy Program Manager for the Aceh office in external coordination duties as required.
The Operations Officer will spend a significant portion of time monitoring the programs in the field, project implementation, and reconstruction efforts. This includes:
- ensuring quality of project design during preparation, specially on the results framework and the monitoring and evaluation plan
- monitoring and evaluation at the project and portfolio level through the MDF Secretariat (e.g. involvement in external missions; design and management of cross-cutting and mid-term portfolio reviews, etc);
- mainstreaming reporting from projects to the Secretariat to ensure information needs are met. The Operations Officer will also assist the MDF Secretariat in team management activities as well as co-writing Secretariat reports.
The Operations Officer will interact closely with Multi Donor Fund Team in Banda Aceh and Jakarta as well as the World Bank sector team and program implementing agencies. The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Perform program monitoring tasks:
- o Actively participate in project monitoring including field supervision missions and follow up on action items;
- o Actively contribute to Secretariat project reviews and lead action plan follow up exercise
- o Serve as cluster lead for designated M&E function on recovery of communities and member of other cluster on cross-cutting issues
- o Discuss project quality improvements and reporting with TTL/ project managers;
- o Provide coordination support to external missions where necessary, both from donors and commissioned by the Secretariat;
- o Review all project complaint handling mechanism, especially on misuse of funds and develop an integrated mechanism across all projects to be able to aggregate the reports to provide a more comprehensive analysis.
- Liaise with proponent teams to ensure a proper understanding of requirements and suggest corrective actions where necessary; with support from other team members, prepare detailed comments, where necessary, to support swift improvement of documentation for Steering Committee approval processes.
- Perform specialized support functions: e.g., contribute to the preparation of the semi-annual accountability reports of the MDF and overseeing quality assurance of key outputs/reports; creating a wide range of operational, administrative or other project related reports and following up on key actions.
- Broad range of responsibilities to ensure effective and timely handling of issues brought to the MDF Secretariat’s attention, requiring internal and external coordination for reporting functions.
- Participate and contribute to Technical Review meetings, Steering Committee meetings, and other meetings, conferences and workshops, as required
- Support the MDF’s aid coordination function, including event strategizing/ designing and donor liaison related MDF coordination and policy dialogue events.
- Prepare management briefs where required.
- Other roles that may be considered necessary to meet the work objectives
- A Masters or higher level degree in social sciences, development, finance, economics, engineering or other relevant discipline and at least 7 years of experience in development issues and 10 years overall experience;
- Solid experience in results and impact-oriented monitoring and evaluation and the log frame approach. Previous first hand experience with project monitoring and evaluation required;
- Superior organizational, logistical and contract management skills; ability to manage and work with team members and consultants in completing their duties while completing own duties on time, in close cooperation with the rest of the team;
- Extensive experience working with donors, project proponent teams and government officials required;
- Has to be team player who can drive team management activities as required including team work-planning in close coordination with the Deputy Manager and the Secretariat team. S/he must also show high flexibility to contribute to the work of the Secretariat, also beyond the core tasks described in this TOR;
- A good current working knowledge of the Indonesian government and sector frameworks;
- Strong analytical skills, methodological rigor and problem-solving ability;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work in an inter-disciplinary, and team-oriented environment;
- Willingness to travel between Aceh and Jakarta and to remote areas in Aceh and North Sumatra (Nias), under sometimes difficult conditions;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Previous experience in post-disaster Aceh and Nias preferred.
Closing Date: 19-Nov-2009
Pingback: Cari Kerja Online