Shell began operations in Indonesia more than 100 years ago and can look back on a rich history with Indonesia. At Shell Indonesia, we believe that diversity is key: it will help our drive to innovate and make sure that our employees’ ideas will travel. We offer an exciting platform from which you can deliver and excel. Shell Indonesia manages business operations that include marketing and trading oil products directly as well as through its appointed distributors. In 2006, Shell started its Commercial Fuels business in Indonesia: we provide bulk fuels and related technical support to the Industrial and Transport Sector. Shell Indonesia is also planning to establish a significant presence in the upstream sector.
Please find below the position that we currently looking for:
- This job is responsible for managing the Lubes blending and filling operations, including receipt and management of bulk raw materials and finished products
- To blend and fill lubricants in strict accordance with the Shell Lubricants Quality System requirements cost efficiently and within HSSE standards.
- Coordinate with local-based functional team and internal stakeholders to ensure the smooth daily operation of the plant
- The role would suit a highly capable individual with operational management experience, seeking a challenging role in a dynamic environment, associated with one of the core and growing DS businesses.
- To carry out blending and filling activity in compliance to the Lubricants Quality System ( LQS), HSSE requirements of the Group and the specific requirements of Customers.
- Is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of plant and equipment. Ensures that Company and appropriate Legislative standards of safe working practices, occupational hygiene, and environmental performance are applied.
- Sets and reviews daily/routine targets for the operating team based on laid down objectives.
- Reviews daily schedule of both filling and blending to ensure both are in-line with each other and execution as per plan
- Sets and reviews tank allocation for bulk product receiving
- Coordinates with the laboratory operations to ensure proper sequence of production. Quality issues are investigated and appropriate Preventive measures are in place. To coordinate maintenance related to blending and filling without affecting production. Participates in the maintenance scheduling and provides key operations input to plant maintenance plans and activities
- Assists the Plant Manager in developing plant operating procedures covering normal and emergency situations while himself/herself develops the work instructions
- Responsible in the receiving of bulk raw materials by massive means or through other bulk means. This includes investigation where significant variances during bulk receiving.
- Assists/prepares the operating budget then operates within them.
- Ensures that all subordinates are appropriately trained
- Prepares and submits monthly production performance report
- Acts as Project Manager for cost saving initiatives involving Luboil blending and filling operations
- Acts as Lead investigator for quality or HSSE incident in the Luboil blending and filling operations
- Set clear objectives for subordinates in order to maximize their performance
- Carry out the role of asset holder for LOBP and operations
- Ensure efficient consumption of energy, utilities, and other resources
- Assists the Plant Manager and works with the Plant Performance Analyst with diagnosing/resolving plant failures, operational issues, with cost and performance benchmarking, identifying trends/gaps relative to comparators, and translate these to operational targets and actions.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Minimum 5 years and not more than 10 years experience in running a production plant
- Engineer in the field of Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial field
- Technical background in the field of blending or filling operations of Lubricants or other related products
- Should be conversant with computers and product handling
- Has experienced in managing large workforce of about 50 people in a manufacturing plant.
- Has experience in managing unionized workforce.
- Exposure to Quality Systems and GSAP is an advantage
Deadline application: 30 June 2015
To apply, please visit www.shell.com/careers
Jobs & Careers -> Experienced Professionals -> Job Search-> Indonesia