The American Red Cross Tsunami Recovery Program (TRP) had been established to direct the organization’s response to the South Asia tsunami disaster. The TRP activities focus on integrated community recovery and preparedness interventions in tsunami affected countries in Asia and East Africa in collaboration with Red Cross and non-Red Cross partners. Please visit www.redcross.org/tsunamirelief
The Indonesia TRP Delegation operates from offices in Banda Aceh, Calang, Lamno. It also has liaison offices in Jakarta, and other areas in Aceh province in collaboration with the Indonesian Red Cross.
The American Red Cross seeks dynamic individuals to fill the :
PSP Instructional Officer
* Manage the training teams in PMI and the instructional unit within the American Red Cross
* Curriculum development for Crisis Intervention Specialists course in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
* Provide technical assistance to PMI in training delivery, content and follow ups.
* Maintain training records including list of participants, handouts and evaluations for PMI and American Red Cross PSP.
* Coordinate with stakeholders and resource persons to organize training workshops
* Any other tasks as assigned
* Bachelors’ degree in education, social sciences or humanities
* Minimum of 1.5 years experience in psychosocial support training in schools and community
* Self-supporting in computers (Windows, word processing, PowerPoint presentations)
* Language- Proficiency in English (written and spoken).
* Interpersonal skills in interacting with diverse groups of people
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org put Job title in Subject line. Only applications in English and short listed candidates will be notified. Applications submitted after October 10, 2008 will not be considered.