Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimize the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has a long journey of more than 30 years in Indonesia providing mining services for various projects and clients with head office in Jakarta and support facilities in Balikpapan including workshops and training center.
We are seeking experienced people for the following position:
Expression of Interest – Safety Manager Indonesia (926575)
- Some of your duties will include: Provide strategic advice, information and assistance to Thiess management and employees in order to promote and maintain a healthy and safe environment to everyone to work.
- Ensure a framework of policies, procedures and auditing to assist in the development of such an environment while maintaining our high profiles as industry leader in safety.
- Ensure a cost-effective rehabilitation policy and procedures are in place that ensures employees return to work able to perform their duties in the minimum amount of time.
- Ensure health and hygiene standards are established and maintained.
- Ensure appropriate systems are in place for monitoring of employee exposure to industrial hazards, e.g noise/fumes/hazard substances/radiation.
- Conduct safety and quality audits of all workplaces at intervals not exceeding 3 months to ensure compliance to Thiess Governance System (TGS) and to assist workplaces identify areas for improvement.
- Review all accident/incident and confirm or recommend remedial action to be implemented.
- Provide timely, relevant strategic plans and advice that reflect our business needs and ensures we stay an industry leader in safety initiatives and in our safety record.
- Ensure relevant, timely, well-written information for our tenders that meet the needs of our clients and reflect our OHS status within the industry.
- Develop and review the most appropriate policies and procedures including TGS Safety System to ensure legal compliance can be exceeded and industry best standards can be met in all operations.
- Ensure the process of Risk Management is in place and that SWP’s are being developed and applied by project teams in all production areas. Promote consistent understanding of safe production methods to reduce the instances of random incidents.
- Ensure accurate records of incidents, accident investigations and all legally required records are readily available on request.
- Use information gathered from records to provide management with a relevant/accurate picture of our safety and health position and identify areas requiring attention
What skills and experience do you need?
- Degree of qualification in Safety is preferable
- Similar experience in multinational company – essential
- At least 10 year-experience in Safety Management
- Understanding of mining and construction business – desirable
- Experience working overseas – desirable
- Superior communication skills, fluent in English both written and verbal – essential
- Think strategically – problem solving, initiative, tenacity
- Manage internal relationships with ability to influence outcomes
- Manage self and ability to work collaboratively
- Drive performance by understanding and developing people and making them accountable
- Understand TCI obligations and standards
- Understand Thiess Global System and Project Management Systems
- Understand statutory requirements
- Familiar with Safety management at all levels
- Focus on risk management
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognize the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess. If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in an exciting workplace change and issues, please apply online through our web https://careers.pageuppeople.com/399/caw/en/listing.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.