The Economic Development Financing Facility (“EDFF”) is an umbrella project financed by the Multi-Donor Fund for Aceh and Nias. The project goal is to help local and provincial governments to create private sector job opportunities and to foster sustainable long-term economic development in Aceh resulting in lower levels of poverty through creating an environment conducive to employment generation and equitable economic growth. The World Bank would like to hire the services of a Senior Operations Officer as a Short Term Consultant to assist in the supervision of the early implementation phase of this project. The position is to be based in Aceh.
Length of Contract
The Consultant will be on Short Term Consultant (STC) appointment status with maximum of 120 working days in a year.
* Masters degree in a relevant field;
* Minimum of 8 years experience in the implementation of projects, in particular World Bank projects – in-depth understanding of World Bank policies and practices and their practical application in a country context will be necessary;
* Proven ability to build and maintain trust and effective working relationships with a range of local governance stakeholders, including local governments, research institutions, civil society and media, to ensure their participation and commitment during early project implementation;
* Thorough knowledge of operational, technical and project issues, key to meet deadlines and assist in the implementation of projects to high quality standards in challenging environments;
* Well developed report writing, networking and communication skills (English and Bahasa Indonesia) ;
* Proven ability of work independently within a team environment;
How to Apply
This is a local hired position, open for Indonesian nationals only.
- Please only submit your cover letter, CV, and references (at least three names with full contact details) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not forget to state your name and position applied in the e-mail subject.
- Deadline of application is 6 February 2009. Late submission will not be considered; hard copy applications and phone inquiries will not be accepted.