The Irish Red Cross-Indonesia delegation is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Project Officer of the Communication department. The Senior Project Officer is responsible for the overall function of communications. This is a 3 months fixed term position (with the possibility of extension) based in Banda Aceh with extensive travel required throughout the Aceh Province and Nias.
Senior Project Officer – Communication
1. University degree in social work, media, sociology, social services or related studies.
2. Proven skills in editing & the journalism area are must.
3. Work experience in community outreach and media management skills.
4. Minimum 5 years of experience in journalism, knowledge of print media development, production, distribution, etc.
5. Able to work with tight deadlines and schedules.
6. Experience working in an international setting, preferably with NGO’s / local government settings.
7. Well networked with international NGO and Media communities.
8. Strong Computer skills in MS Office and internet applications, graphics program skills preferred.
9. Good information analysis, report writing, and cross cultural communication skills.
10. Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Bahasa, knowledge of the Aceh language would be an advantage.
11. Good knowledge of programme and budget, programme formulation, administration and evolution techniques and practice.
12. Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, manage, monitor and evaluate programme activities and expenditure.
13. Knowledge and understanding the fundamental principle of the Red Cross Movement.
Applicants who are interested in this position should submit along with your CV, a recent photograph, current salary and salary expectations for this position.
Application should be received not later than Saturday, 27 December 2008.
Applications should be sent to:
Irish Red Cross – Indonesia Delegation
Attention: HR Officer
IFRC Banda Aceh Office
Jl. Ajuen Jeumpet No.18B
Desa Ajuen Juempet
Kec. Darul Imarah, Aceh Besar, 23353