One of the largest global providers, Weatherford helps build innovative mechanical solutions, technology applications, and services for drilling and production in all sectors of the oil and gas industry. Weatherford operates in over 100 countries and employs more than 60,000 people worldwide.
Strategic Account Manager (Jakarta & Balikpapan)
- Promote Weatherford’s good name through customer interaction and a professional approach to the job in hand – fostering good relations for continued business across all disciplines within the client organization. Identify key personnel within the customer account and understand their role and responsibilities within customer’s organization.
- Visit a previously determined range of potential Client companies on a regular basis to update them on all Weatherford products and services, and discuss any future work requirements which Weatherford could develop – and thus increase number of Client company’s and develop further business.
- Produce regular reports appertaining to visits, current and future business prospects and opportunities, which will form the basis of the Client company ”Account Plan”, which will be used develop an account & product strategy with a view to further develop Weatherford’s business.
- Efficient and effective preparation of tender documents for all products and services tendered by Client companies, arrange follow up visit with the company in order to fully ascertain their requirements and develop the basis for Weatherford’s response to the invitation to tender.
- Maintain regular contact across the various departments of Weatherford’s – for example when developing the tender documentation, the Account Manager will need to discuss requirements with Operations and Business Unit personnel in order to ensure that the products and services can be provided, and will arrange for the final documents to be scrutinized by QHSSE, Finance, Legal etc. in order to ensure that all non-technical areas of the tender have been fully covered.
- The Account Manager must be familiar with the Customers business and operational processes.
- Regain key business contracts with premier customers.
- Must have completed tertiary education in a Technical subject or ability to demonstrate equivalent.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of Rig Systems / Production Drilling Operations.
- Demonstrate Supervisory and Communication Skills, along with an ability to work in a team environment, as well as an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively utilize dedicated resources, and the ability to plan, control, and take responsibility for own work.
- Must be able to anticipate customer needs and be a key player in developing relationships.
- Must have a clear customer focus and be able to understand the variety of people and business cultures in different areas of the business – and respond to them accordingly.
- Must have a good commercial awareness.
- Must be a team player with good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- 5 years experiences in oilfield service industry sales and marketing
- Must possess at least 3 years relevant experience in offshore or land operations ideally which should have been in a marketing and/or service support capacity
- Should have a Degree in Engineering or similar Petro-Chem relevant technical subject or 5 years practical experience in the Drilling industry.
- Expatriates are welcome to apply.
We offer career growth in an exciting, challenging and rewarding professional environment both in the position advertised and beyond.
Please send your updated CV with Position Title as your Email Subject to:
Only candidates that meet the above qualification will be shortlisted.