Thiess Contractors Indonesia (TCI) is a multinational company with over 9,500 employees throughout our projects in Indonesia. Our people are our keys to success. Our business has been providing integrated mining and construction services in civil, process facilities and mining across Indonesia for over 25 years.
At TCI, we believe it’s our people who have made us one of the largest Construction and Mining Contractors in South East Asia. We have grown to become one of the most respected contracting companies in the region. We are recognized for our safe, professional attitude and for delivering what we say we will deliver.
With continued growth we are seeking experiences and qualified person to fill in a position of Superintendent Industrial Relations that will be based in Jakarta Office.
This is fantastic opportunity for experienced industrial relations professional. To be successful in the role, you will need to demonstrate a strong track record in managing IR issues and disputes both in non- litigation phase (Labor Courts and High Supreme Court) in within a unionized environment and also experience of developing a good working relationship with the Unions and Employees / Employees Representative ( Bipartite Forum ). Ideally your experience will have been gained within a similar multi-sited environment. Experience within the mining industry/construction industry will be advantageous.
- Advise managers, site HR, and site management on a range of IR issues
- Work with site HR to improve their knowledge and understanding of IR related legislation
- Improve site HR confidence in dealing with IR issues
- Assist in developing IR policies and procedures and advise on relevant law
- Negotiation and consultation with trade unions
- Effectively manage relationships between site management and trade unions
- Establish, develop, and maintain the Provincial and Regional governmental network including all of labor courts officials
- Communicate with site HR and the bipartite forums, servicing their needs through the meetings and gathering IR information
- To work closely with the operations manager in ensuring both the Union and the Members are working together for the best interest of the organization
- Represent the company in every non litigation disputes event and litigation disputes event (Labor courts and High Supreme Court as required )
- Review and implement of Corporate HR Policy & Procedures, Company Regulation, and Collective Labor Agreement
- Tertiary qualification in Law with minimum of 8 year experiences in similar role for large Mining, Construction, or Oil & Gas industry,
- Excellent working knowledge of current Industrial Relations practices, Labor Law, or government regulation,
- Possess valid lawyer / advocate licenses is a must,
- Experience to handle various cases of Industrial Relation in the Labor Court,
- Strong leadership skills and good team work,
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written.
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the suitable candidate.
Please apply online through web: http://careers.thiess.co.id or send your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 24, 2013, quoting REF: 804333.
“Only short listed candidates who apply online will be proceed”