PT Kaltim Prima Coal (KPC) operates a coal mine in Sangatta East Kalimantan and is one of the largest export coal mines in the world. Opportunities exist for a seasoned, high caliber, professional to join the Company with job assignment in Sangatta East Kalimantan for the positions of:
Overland Conveyor & Coal Terminal Projects (OLC & CT)
1. Superintendent – Overland Conveyor & Port Stockyard (Code: SOLC 1)
2. Superintendent – Marine Facilities (Code : SOLC 2)
3. Superintendent – Share Facilities (Code : SOLC 3)
Key elements of the position include:
• Apply project management techniques to lead and administer the project management functions.
•Coordinate the implementation of scientific principles and techniques in multi discipline engineering situations to deliver the outcomes.
• Implement agreed scope management procedures arid processes.
• Implement effective procedures, information system, and communication lines as required for the project delivery,
• Implement proper system to monitor and control the project delivery against the agreed scope, time, quality, cost and safety parameters.
• Produce project cost estimates and regularly monitor project costs against budget
• Carryout tender technical evaluation.
• Measure arid perceive protect progress and act on potential or actual risks.
• Produce and administer project documentation.
• Apply scientific principles sod techniques in mechanical engineering situations.
• Prepare technical specification and scope document for supply and site construction of mechanical items.
• Contribute to mechanical design development as part of the entire project.
• Supervise mechanical equipment fabrication and installation
• Undertake project management activities in accordance with agreed project management plan
• Monitor aspects of project scope, quality, time cost, and HSE matters to ensure compliance to agreed project plan.
• Produce technical reports and documentation associated with project.
Main Qualifications & Experience:
• Mechanical engineering background and minimum 8 (eight) years working experience in bulk material handling field with determining roles in capital projects in the last 5 (five) years or equivalent.
• Suitable balance between technical and managerial skills.
• Conversant with project management tools and techniques.
• Proven experience and knowledge in bulk material handling equipment design and installation standards.
This is a challenging career prospect and a very competitive remuneration & benefit package will be offered to qualified candidate.
If your background meets these requirements, forward your resume (including details of present position & remuneration, your latest color photograph) no later then 4 October 2008 to the following address:
Superintendent – Recruitment
PT. Kaltim Prima Coal, PO BOX 620
Balikpapan 76106, Kalimantan Timur
or Email to: email@example.com
Please indicate the position code in the email subject
ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED!