Job Title: Support to DSF Management Committee (STC)
Dept/Div: DSF, EASIS
Appt Type: STC
Closing date: May 15, 2010
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Appointment: Local Hire
Decentralization Support Facility
Terms of Reference
Short Term Consultant – Support to DSF MC
Provides program and minor administrative support to the DSF Management Committee (MC) at-large, and assists the DSF MC co-chair (currently based at the Ministry of Finance) fulfill duties as co-chair of the MC.
Scope of Work / Job Description:
- Prepare materials (reports, power point presentations, etc.) for internal cross-ministerial GOI meetings, MC and SC meetings, and other DSF events as needed
- Provide research assistance and program support to partner GOI ministries in preparation of ACNs, implementation of DSF projects, and other activities related to decentralization
- Highlight sections of DSF quarterly/annual reports, Activity Concept Notes, and DSF project documents of particular importance to GOI
- Map proposed new activities and conduct a preliminary assessment to check adherence to DSF objectives and priorities and avoidance of duplication and overlap
- Regularly consult with GoI officials and donor partners on DSF programmatic work, issues related to broader GoI decentralization agenda, and with their staff to confirm attendance and encourage participation in DSF activities
- Identify stakeholders at national and local levels for DSF engagement to strengthen and enrich DSF work in decentralization
- Participate in regular meetings within GoI and DSF and special events as required, and develop transcripts of key DSF meeting as required
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation of DSF projects and coordination of GOI participation in monitoring and evaluation missions
- Provide administrative assistance and data required to the members of the DSF MC in regard to DSF programs and relevant decentralization policies
- Coordinate logistical preparations for key DSF meetings (internal GOI and MC or SC meetings) including preparing draft invitations, ensuring sufficient availability and distribution of meeting materials and equipment, and other assistance as required
- Coordinate with DSF Executive to ensure close coordination and communication
- Other duties as required
- Program support to DSF Management Committee
- Materials and presentations prepared for internal cross-ministerial GOI meetings and DSF MC and SC meetings
- Monthly reports on action plan to follow-up internal cross-ministerial GOI meetings and DSF MC and SC progress
- Mapping results of proposed new activities and preliminary assessment to check for adherence to DSF objectives and priorities and avoidance of duplication and overlap
- Monitoring and evaluation documents prepared by GOI of DSF projects
- Copies of transcripts, translations, and other DSF documents as required
- Master’s degree in professional discipline or a Bachelor’s degree and 2 or more years’ relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience with Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Finance and Bappenas, and with multi donor funding projects is an advantage
Preliminary contract of 3 months (66 work days), renewable upon assessment of needs and satisfactory deliverables
- The consultant will work for the members of the DSF Management Committee and report directly to the DSF MC co-chair currently based at the Ministry of Finance.
- The consultant will also report on a regular basis to the DSF Executive.
- All narrative reports will be submitted to both the DSF Management Committee and the DSF Executive.
HOW TO APPLY
- This is a local hired position, open for Indonesian nationals only.
- Please only submit your cover letter, CV, and references (at least three names with full contact details) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not forget to state your name and position applied in the e-mail subject.
- Deadline of application is May 15, 2010. Late submission will not be considered; hard copy applications and phone inquiries will not be accepted.
Indonesia Stock Exchange Building, Tower I, 9th floor, Suite 901 Jl. Jenderal Sudirman Kav.52-53, Jakarta 12190, Indonesia Phone: +62 21 5299 3199, Fax: +62 21 5299 3299