International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, fosters sustainable economic growth in developing countries by financing private sector investment, mobilizing private capital in local and international financial markets, and providing advisory services to business and governments. Our purpose is to create opportunity for people to escape poverty and improve their lives in the areas where it’s needed most.
IFC in Indonesia has three strategic objectives: (1) to reduce the impact of climate change; (2) to increase rural incomes; (3) to promote sustainable urbanization. The achieve the objectives, IFC in Indonesia combines investment and advisory services to expand access to finance, extend the reach of infrastructure, strengthen commodity-based supply chain, support the creation of viable forest plantation on degraded lands, and improve the business environment.
To help support the reduction of climate change in Indonesia, IFC plans to hire:
Technical Expert(s) for Indonesia Sustainable Energy Finance Project
The assignment is scheduled to run over a period of 24 months, with a maximum of 150 person-days in a 12-month period, starting immediately. The initial consultancy will cover a one-year period with a possibility for renewal in the second year. Specific categories of work may include:
- Coordination between IFC, contractors, project developers, government units associated with renewable energy/energy efficiency initiatives, and financiers. This will require regular meetings and coordination visits to ensure a smooth flow of information.
- Provide technical advice and services to commercial bank partners and/or project developers with regard to renewable energy/energy efficiency initiatives.
- Coordinate, help supervise, and conduct the implementation of IFC’s capacity building program to partner commercial banks.
- Coordinate, help supervise, and conduct the implementation of IFC’s capacity building program to local technical service providers.
- Regular reporting on progress toward IFC objectives and milestones as related to the Indonesia Sustainable Energy Finance Project.
- Other tasks as assigned.
The technical expert(s) to be hired locally will have extensive experience in renewable energy and/or energy efficiency sector, preferably gained in Indonesia, as evidenced by completion of past projects, along with a CV submitted. Specifically, the technical expert(s) must meet most of the following qualifications:
- A university degree in Mechanical Engineering or Power/Electrical Engineering (appropriate Masters Degree preferred).
- At least 10 years of advisory/working experience in the area of renewable energy, particularly biomass and hydro (for renewable energy expert), and energy efficiency in various industries (for energy efficiency expert).
- Hands on experience with renewable energy (for renewable energy expert) and energy efficiency technologies (for energy efficiency expert) will be highly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of energy issues in Indonesia.
- Familiarity with project financing is desirable.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and ability to draft documents and express views in a clear and concise manner.
- Willingness to travel.
Please submit your expression of interest in a cover letter and comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV) by 12.00PM, October 22, 2010 electronically to NSugiani@ifc.org
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.