UNV ACCOUNTING (NATIONAL)
Location: Project Office in Ministry of Health (MOH), Jakarta, INDONESIA
Application Deadline: 21-Mar-10
Type of Contract: UNV
Languages Required: English
Duration of Initial Contract: 6 months
His/her responsibilities include:
- Assist the UNDP’s project team in daily acconting/financial management and coordinatation of day to day financial/administration implementation and reporting.
- Assist the UNDP’s project team in monitoring the cash position of the PRs in regards to the UNDP’s Technical Assistance to them.
- Assist the finance/admin project team to organize any meetings/workshops/trainings and ensure settlement of any advances for these activities with complete documentations to ensure the accountability.
- Coordinate with the project team and HIV cluster based in PRU-UNDP in assisting the finance/admin of the PRs in preparing financial performance (reporting, coordination, verification, monitoring and financial and evaluation performance).
- Coordinate with the project team and HIV cluster based in PRU-UNDP to establish and maintain a systemetic filling system of key documents and confidential document (in hard copy and soft copy) in relation of the availability of documents for audit financial processes.
- Assist the UNDP’s project team to ensure the administration/financial system of all PRs appropiate with PIM (Project Implementation Manual).
- Assist the UNDP’s project team to ensure cash availability of the project account to implement project activities.
- Coordinate with the finance assistant of the project team to prepare regular bank reconciliation, as well as, any adjustment vouchers when necessary.
- To establish other duties as request.
Other UNV volunteer responsibilities :
- Providing training on accounting/finance issues to the PRs if required.
- Assist to prepare TOR and budget for any project activities if required.
- Assit with others assignments if needed.
For this position, a candidate is normally expected to have:
- Minimum graduate degree in accounting/finance, with specialized training in audit, accounting/finance is preferred;
- Minimum 5 (five) years of increasingly responsible experience in finance/accounting, and auditing;
- Familiarity with Finance/Accounting, HR and procurement rules and regulations of UNDP and government of Indonesia;
- Working knowledge of IT applications, such as Words, Excel, Power Point and Internet;
- Strong motivation and good team player;
- Willingness to travel as required;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple concurrent activities;
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
This post is a UNV volunteer assignment based on the values of free will, commitment, engagement and solidarity, which are the foundations of volunteerism. The volunteer will receive a Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA) per month of 4,000,000 Rupias plus medical Insurance. plus medical Insurance. If the volunteers will work in a province which is not their residence, they will receive in addition to the monthly living allowance and medical insurance and 4.000.000 Rupiah for the first month in order to settle down in the new place.