Strengthening Community-Based Forest and
Watershed Management (SCBFWM) Project in Indonesia
Ministry of Forestry
Terms of Reference
Title: Watershed Management Specialist (WSM. national consultant)
- National Project Manager (Jakarta) of SCBFWM
- National Project Director (NPD) of SCBFWM
Duty Station: Ministry of Forestry Jakarta
Duration: Full Time for 6 months (start May 2011)
Location: Jakarta Office
The Ministry of Forestry (Directorate General of Land Rehabilitation and Social Forestry) is in the process of implementing Strengthening Community-Based Forest and Watershed [Management (SCBFWM) for the period of 4-5 years to come (2009-2014). The project is implemented under the framework of the Ministry of Forestry’s programs activities. It is also supported by Global Environment Facility (GEF) through UNDP in Indonesia.
The project is meant to enhance and upscale the GOI’s programs on community-based forest and watershed management by addressing inequitable distribution of benefits from forest resources and lack of coordination among stakeholders and sectors as major underlying causes of land forest degradation.
The project is specifically designed to complement (a) the 5-year national pledge of approximately USD 300 million to rehabilitate degraded forest and land distributed to 282 prioritized watersheds located in 400 districts (32 provinces) and (b) the GOI’s annually approved pledge – from the Reforestation Fund – for district reforestation. Main activities of the project are the development of CBFWM plot demonstration in 6 selected locations: mainstreaming of CBFWM in policy, program, activities and funding of government and local governments and the enhancement of stakeholders capacity at various levels (national. provincial. districts and community) in the program of CBFWM.
Objectives of Assignment
Under the coordination of Project Manager and National Project Director, the expert will support the implementation of the project in term of forest and watershed management both in national and regional level.
To work closely with UNDID, National Project Director, National Project manager. Finance assistant, SCBFWM regional staff and Ministry of Forestry staff.
Scope of Work, Expected Results, Deliverables. Expected Final Products
Scope of Work
- Support effective forest and watershed as well as conservation effort in SCBFWM Project at both national and regional level
- Arranging Technical Guidelines for project implementation concerning Community Based Watershed Management
- Support in providing recommendations for UNDID/Implementing Partner’s approval of project plans and revisions that are relevant to forest and watershed as well as conservation aspect.
- At the regional level the Watershed Management Specialist works with other national/local consultant team on preparation, implementation and monitoring program of forest, watershed and conservation including development work plan, schedule and financing
- Review grant proposals of SCBFWM related to development of information system activities are proposed by CBOs, NGOs or other implanting partner institutions.
Send your application letter with comprehensive resume/CV and current photograph with position code on the envelope to:
Direktorat Perencanaan dan Evaluasi Pengelolaan DAS
Gedung Manggala Wanabakti Blok I lantai 13
Jl. Jenderal Gatot Subroto
Closing date: 29 April 2011
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.