The Center for International Forestry Research advances human wellbeing, environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to inform policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries. We are one of 15 centres within the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, and we have offices in Asia, Africa and South America.
CIFOR is looking for an Accountant
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, Head-General Accounting, and this position will monitor accounts receivable of staff, consultants, suppliers and other institutions; ensure that all accounts are current; and handle accounts of our hosted institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process all advances (travel, official, etc).
- Record the carbon offset of travel with advances.
- Prepare the financial reports of hosted institutions, send invoices and collect payments.
- Prepare payments for operational advances from regional and project offices
- Prepare invoices for the guest house, library and donors.
- Maintain the MS Access database of invoices.
- Record the monthly charges to the corporate credit cards.
- Process the payment of employee loans and medical advances.
- Monitor and review on a regular basis Accounts Receivable accounts from staff and consultants. Ensure that accounts are current. Administer timely collection and reconciliation of the accounts.
- Maintain a subsidiary ledger and detailed schedule of selected balance sheet accounts including accruals, prepayments to suppliers and other prepayments on a monthly basis.
- Assist in processing travel expense claims and payments for workshop and conference expenses.
- Record the telephone monitoring system charges
- Perform other tasks as assigned from time to time by the Head of General Accounting.
Education, experience and technical skills
- University education in accounting with at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in financial and accounting services
- Experience in project or cost accounting
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience with financial software applications, familiarity with Sun Systems and Vision XL is an advantage
- Strong computer skills in word processing, database and other relevant office applications
- Strong analytical skills
- Competent in personal organization and priority setting, with the ability to work efficiently under time pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Have initiative and capable of working independently as well as an effective team player
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Experience working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals
Terms and conditions
- This is a nationally recruited position. CIFOR offers a competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
- The initial appointment will be for two years starting as soon as possible, with possible extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Bogor, Indonesia.
- The application deadline is 15 August 2011.
- We will acknowledge all applications, but we will contact only short-listed candidates.
Please send your letter of interest and CV, including contact information for three referees to:
Human Resources Department, CIFOR
Please indicate the position title and its reference number in the email subject line.
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer.
Staff diversity contributes to excellence.