ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCE ASSISTANT (NATIONAL)
Location: Nias (2 posts), Nias Selatan (1 post) and Medan (1 post), INDONESIA
Application Deadline: 17-Nov-09
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Support to effective and efficient functioning of the unit
- Support to administrative, financial and logistical services
- Support to office maintenance and assets management
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented work-plans.
2. Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the unit, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contacts with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
- Enter and regularly update Project level milestones in the Project Calendar and develop personal work plan against the progress towards the milestones.
- Monitor the use of Project Calendar of milestones and personal work-plan and report to Project Manager.
- Translation of simple correspondences, when needed.
3. Ensures effective administrative, financial and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Develop and maintain operational/administrative systems in the office.
- Organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNDP shipments (received/sent), Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents.
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys, support to organization of common services.
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- In collaboration with project staff at the project level, establishes and maintains Project centralized filing system and records by project as well as all official correspondence, personnel contracts by contract modality, leave monitoring based on the attendance records from Project staffs, forms and templates for general procedures, etc.).
- Maintains Project leave monitoring and daily attendance records of the Project staff.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for NEX projects; preparation of all types of vouchers for projects and on-behalf of UNOPS and non-Atlas Agencies; PO vouchers; Pay Cycle and payment execution.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; travel claims, MPOs and other entitlements are duly processed
- Timely corrective actions on un-posted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Presentation of information on the status of financial resources as required.
- Maintenance of the Accounts Receivables for UNDP projects and recording of deposits in Atlas.
- Management of cash receipts and petty cash.
- Maintenance of the proper filing system for finance records and documents.
4. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
- Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services
- Take the lead in maintaining pleasant working environment in the Project office in cooperation with other unit members. Be in charge of in office space arrangement and cleanliness at the Project level
5. Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Actively participate in and contribute to learning and knowledge sharing activities.
- Actively participate in and contribute to Project level coordination in streamlining operational / organizational aspects of day-to-day Project operation.
Diploma 3 in Business Administration or Public Administration, Economic, social science or related field
- Minimum 4 years for Diploma 3 or 3 years for Bachelor degree of relevant experience in administration or project/programme support service (admin, procurement, finance and HR support). Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills; systematic, organize.
- Excellent command of English.
- Able to work under pressures, handle multi tasking situations;
- Able to work independently (less supervision from supervisor) and have strong output orientation
- Commitment to the United Nations principles and demonstrated ability to work in harmony with persons of different national and cultural background;
Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.