The ASEAN secretariat in Jakarta invites ASEAN nationals to apply for the following vacancy
With the ratification of the ASEAN Charter in December 2008, the ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC) had embarked on an organization restructuring that is aligned to the requirements of the Charter and their respective Community Blueprints, namely: ASEAN Political and Security Community (APSC), ASEAN Economic Community (AEC), and ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community (ASCC).
There are various positions available at the ASEC for qualified candidates with wide range of experience and expertise:
- Assistant Directors (ADRs) in the divisions of legal services & agreements, finance and macroeconomic surveillance, and security cooperation; with minimum eight years experience the relevant field.
- Senior Officers (SOs) in the divisions of trade & facilitation, infrastructure, services & investment, finance and macroeconomic surveillance, political cooperation, security cooperation, external relations and human resources; with minimum six years experience in the relevant field.
- Postgraduate degree, preferably in relevant discipline, such as law, economics, finance, international relations, or human resources for the respective ADR or SO positions;
- Sound experience in public policy development and negotiation, and experience in briefing government ministers and senior officials;
- Good corporate, strategic and business planning skills;
- Proven leadership and strong administrative capabilities;
- Understanding of international and regional issues, and knowledge of and commitment to ASEAN ideals;
- High-level interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings;
- Proven ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with government representatives, public and private sector organisations and other stakeholders;
- Proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines;
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
- Familiarity with diplomatic practices and protocol. Other required qualities are: computer literacy and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools;
- Ability to multi-task, work long and irregular hours, and perform outside the usual job scope; ability to function effectively independently and as part of a team;
- A willingness to travel frequently on short notice.
Remuneration and Benefits:
Successful candidate will be offered the post with a probation period of six months and monthly salary commensurate with his/her personal qualifications starting from USD 4,000 for ADR positions and USD 2,900 for SOs. There are other applicable benefits which include housing, medical, education of dependent children, gratuity, and annual performance bonus.
Upon completion of the probationary period, the candidate will be confirmed as ADR or SO for a three-year contract, inclusive of the six-month probationary period, in the first instance.
How to apply:
Send your application highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, including a recent passport-sized photograph and certified true copies of educational certificates obtained to the Personnel and Training Unit, ASEAN Secretariat, 70A Jalan Sisingamangaraja, Jakarta 12110. You can also email your application to: email@example.com.
Please indicate on the subject heading the position and division (example: ADR Security Cooperation Division) you would like to be considered.
Application papers should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 30 April 2009. The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only short listed candidates will be notified.