The U.S. Embassy in Jakarta has a vacancy for Commercial Specialist, FSN-10- (Rp. 187,271,861 p.a. full performance starting salary) in the Foreign Commercial Service. The incumbent serves as a Commercial Specialist in the U.S. Embassy Jakarta, and an advisor to the Senior Commercial Office and other Commercial Officers. As a professional analyst and advisor to the U.S. staff in planning, organizing and administering programs to facilitate the marketing of U.S. goods and services. The incumbent provides a wide range of advice and assistance to U.S. firms, including developing marketing strategies and long-range planning, preparing market research and reporting, organizing trade shows and events, and creating opportunities designed to facilitate exchanges between U.S and host country business representatives.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, marketing, engineering, business administration or related field is required.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience in economics research and/or journalism, marketing, trade promotion, business management, commercial banking, or other closely related field is required.
- Level 4 (fluent) in speaking/reading/writing both in English and Bahasa Indonesia are required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Indonesian economy in general and of Indonesian business customs, practices, marketing channels, laws, regulations and policies relating to assigned commercial functions.
- Must have a sound knowledge of U.S. business practices and official policies as related to international trade and Investment.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain an extensive range of appropriate mid and senior-level contacts in the Indonesian government and private sector. Ability to plan, organize and execute complex commercial research projects and to prepare precise and accurate factual and analytic reports. Ability to render advice with detachment and objectivity, employing sound professional judgment when appropriate, ability to provide training and supervision to subordinate employees.
Please send your application and complete CV to:
Human Resources Office, U.S. Embassy Jakarta,
Jalan Medan Merdeka Selatan No. 3 – 5 Jakarta 10110
(Please put the position on the left side of your envelope) or email to: JKTrecruitment@state.gov (max. 500kb)
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: October 12, 2011
The U.S. Mission in Indonesia provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.