The Secretary-General and the General Assembly called for UN organizations to implement Common Services (CS) in country offices. The CS initiatives must be linked to the programmatic framework that they support. Thus, there is the need to implement operational initiatives that directly support Indonesia’s country programme implementation and service delivery.
Towards this objective, the UN Operations Management Team (OMT) in Indonesia agreed to promote a program of implementing various CS in Indonesia. Due to the complexity of the matter and the involvement of many UN Agencies in Indonesia, it was seen necessary to have a dedicated UN Common Services Associate who will manage the overall UN CS starting from the work plan, up to the implementation, monitoring and reporting. Under the overall guidance and supervision of the DRR-Operations/Chair of the UN OMT, the CA Associate provides the overall administration and execution of varied and inter-related operational and logistical activities for all UN Agencies in Indonesia, ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The CS Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The CS Associate works for the UN-OMT and in close collaboration with the Administrative Officers of the UN agencies in Indonesia to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery. He/she will also work on the day-to-day basis with the OMT members on CS matters. The interaction with the supervisor will take place on a daily basis, thus allowing continuous performance monitoring against the work plan. Performance Appraisal will be undertaken through the Results and Competency Assessment (RCA) as per UNDP standard procedures.
UN COMMON SERVICES ASSOCIATE (FTA) (NATIONAL)
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Provision of effective and efficient administrative support services
- Support to supply and assets management of CSA funded items
- Effective administrative and financial control in the office
- Provision of common services
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing among UNOMT members
- Managing the implementation of the UN Common Services Activities (CSA) and proactively engaging the UN agencies to ensure accountability and reporting the CSA.
- Preparing and administering/monitoring CSA budget and its cost sharing using Atlas functionalities.
- Secondary education. Certification in Administration and solid accounting background. University Degree in Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station
Application deadline: 02-Jul-09