The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, fosters sustainable economic growth in developing countries by financing private sector investment, mobilizing private capital in local and international financial markets, and providing advisory services to businesses and governments. IFC’s vision is to assist poor people to escape poverty and improve their lives through the development of the private sector.
IFC in Indonesia combines Investment and Advisory Services to expand access to finance, improve access to infrastructure, strengthen commodity based value chains, and improve the business climate, while incorporating the thread of climate change across all programs.
IFC Office in Jakarta now is seeking to recruit:
Consultant for Warehouse Receipt Project Implementation
(Based in Makassar)
The successful candidate will:
- Coordinate, supervise and support the implementation of warehouse receipts system program in South Sulawesi;
- Promote the adoption of warehouse receipts system to the selected farmer groups, traders, and other potential users;
- Facilitate meetings and/or other events with related stakeholders;
- Develop alternative solutions to the current implementation plan;
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports; and
- Prepare a comprehensive final report on key recommended course of actions.
- At least 5 (five) years of experience as a project coordinator;
- Sound knowledge of WHR system based on the law no.9, 2006;
- Solid track record in facilitating trainings and workshops;
- Extensive network along the supply chain in the agriculture industry, which include farmers, traders, and processors;
- Sound knowledge on some of the following commodities applied in the warehouse receipts system (paddy, paddy rice, corn, cocoa, coffee, pepper, rubber, and seaweed);
- Willingness to travel across Indonesia;
- Adequate knowledge in the warehouse receipts system is preferred; and
- Excellent written and oral presentation in both English and Bahasa Indonesia are essential.
People from Eastern Indonesia and women are encouraged to apply. Application should be sent electronically by March 6th, 2009 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality. No telephone calls, faxes or mail will be accepted. Please note that ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted.