The World Bank National Consultants based in Makassar, South Sulawesi province Contracted full time until 31 December 2009 (with opportunity for extension)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing all aspects of BaKTI website and portal content, which require conceptualizing and detailed planning of new content and will also play a leadership role in managing the team to provide any information to produce web content.
- Researching and identifying content areas in need of further development.
- Establishing a journalistic style for website, void of jargon and highly technical language.
- Coordinating closely with the BaKTI newsletter team on selecting relevant content and tailoring it for the website and portal.
- Managing the schedules, writing, and editing functions of the website and portal.
- Coordinating with the web development team on the layout of the website and portal.
- Working with content resources around the region and in any kind of thematic development-related areas, planning and writing new content for these areas;
- Planning and coordinating other internet efforts as needed that improve relations and positioning of BaKTI.
- Helping set overall guidelines and standards for website and portal and for contributors in terms of writing – tone, style, voice, use of language, “web” writing, etc.
- Regularly tracking and analyzing web traffic to inform the web strategy and future directions.
The deliverables for this TOR include:
a) Work Program for activities to be implemented during 2009;
b) Monthly reports against the work program.
- Strong knowledge of web development and/or experience producing for the web (extensive working knowledge of Content Management Systems and basic knowledge of web authoring).
- Proven writing and editing skills in English and Indonesian.
- Experience in writing and editing for the web.
- Basic skills in Adobe Photoshop or other image manipulation software.
- Strong interest in and some understanding of Eastern Indonesian development issues, context and dynamics.
- Ability to work capably under stress and to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal and teamwork skills; demonstrated client orientation; sensitive to working in a multicultural environment.
- Experience involved in live website development
Please send your applications including cover letter, CV and references (at least three names with full contact details) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not forget to put job vacancy on email subject. Email without subject will not be considered. Application should be submitted no later than Saturday, 16 May 2009. Applications will be treated strictly confidential and only short-listed candidates will receive responses. Late submissions will not be considered and phone inquiries will not be accepted