CONSULTANT – WELCOME GUIDE
A Welcome Guide Kit is intended for the general guidance and information of new staff or international staff members arriving at a new duty station. The Indonesian Welcome Guide Kit was last prepared in April 2009 and requires to be updated to include various essential information for reference of newly arrived staff members.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and direct supervision of Deputy Country Director and in consultation with HR working group from various agencies, the Consultant is assigned to revise and update the current welcome guide (style, format, design and content) and formulate a comprehensive Welcome Guide Kit to be used for general guidance and information of new staff members arriving in Indonesia.
Scope of work – Expected Results/Deliverables/Final Products Expected
The Consultant is expected to be attuned to various challenges faced by new staff members arriving in Indonesia and have local familiarity and in depth knowledge regarding its social, security and cultural environment to support formulation of a comprehensive Welcome Guide Kit to be used for general guidance of new staff members.
- Preferably expatriate who has lived in Indonesia for at least two years.
- Preferably a person with previous work experience with any of the organizations of the United Nations Common System, an immediate relative of a UN staff member (spouse, etc) and or members of a diplomatic community.
- Having own means of transport.
- Capable of enduring long hours of concentration and hard work.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbal and written in English.
- Ability to write a perfectly comprehensive report.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in any discipline with preference majoring in English Literature or Journalism with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience as a writer or an editor.
- Local familiarity and in depth knowledge regarding Indonesia (Jakarta) social and cultural environment.
- Experience in writing and formatting English documents.
- Excellent written English.
Application Deadline : 12-Jul-10