Training of Trainers (ToT) Consultant – for IFC Agribusiness FTC Coffee Project in Indonesia
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, fosters sustainable economic growth in developing countries by financing private sector investment, mobilizing private capital in local and international financial markets, and providing advisory services to businesses and governments. IFC’s vision is to assist poor people to escape poverty and improve their lives through the development of the private sector.
IFC in Indonesia combines Investment and Advisory Services to expand access to finance, improve access to infrastructure, strengthen commodity based value chains, and improve the business climate, while incorporating the thread of climate change across all programs.
In Indonesia, IFC and its partner have commenced a project in North Sumatra to establish “Farmer Training Centre (FTC)” with purpose to encourage farmers to apply sustainable agricultural practices and to improve the quality and the yield of their production in order to increase their income. IFC now is seeking to engage Training of Trainers (ToT) Consulting Firms and Individual Consultant (Short-Term Contract) to support the project.
Consulting Firm for Good Agricultural and Sustainable Practices for Coffee Production (code: GASP)
- Improve the capacity of IFC’s partner field staffs and selected government extension workers in following specific and practical topics: Integrated Pest Management (IPM) with focus on Coffey Berry Borer (CBB) Management, Introduction of Shade Tree Types and Its Benefits in Coffee Production, Soil Conservation and Erosion Management for sustainability coffee production, Coffee Tree Canopy and Pruning Management for better yield, Weed Management and the Benefits of Ground Clearing, Harvest and Harvest Handling for Specialty Coffee Markets, and Waste Management for Environment and Specialty Coffee Markets.
- Provide training and extension material for public use including written material and VCD. The consultant is expected provide its internal or external partner operator to make a video tapping all explanation in training sessions in order to produce VCD for public extension purposes.
- Demonstrated experience and capacity in Training of Trainers (ToT)
- Substantial experience in good agriculture and sustainability practices, specifically for coffee production
- Previous coffee supply chain related experience in North Sumatera and/or Aceh preferred
Employment Type: Short-Term Contract (approximately 20 effective days)
Please submit your expression of interest including a company profile with a list of past relevant projects for consulting firm applicants and CV for individual applicants with relevant code stated in the subject line to: email@example.com by May 8, 2009
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No telephone calls, faxes or letters will be accepted