The ASEAN secretariat invites Indonesian citizens or ASEAN nationals with permanent resident status in Indonesia to apply for the following vacancy
Technical Officer (TO)
Political Cooperation Division
With the ratification of the ASEAN Charter in December 2008, the ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC) has been restructured to meet the requirements of the Charter and the respective ASEAN Community Blueprints covering the ASEAN Political and Security Community (APSC), ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) and ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community (ASCC).
Currently, the ASEC is looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of Technical Officer (TO), Political Cooperation Division, Political & Security Directorate, ASEAN Political & Security Community (APSC) Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties will cover, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide the relevant documents for the meetings;
- Assist in the rapporteuring works in the meetings;
- Coordinate the follow-up actions and decisions;
- Coordinate with project managers on the development of background papers, reports, etc;
- Assist and support in organising related seminars/ workshops;
- Monitor projects and report on implementation issues to supervisor;
- Prepare, compile and maintain data/ records/ documentation of cooperation projects, including assisting in the preparation of progress and completion report;
- Prepare, compile and maintain data records and documentation of the activities, decisions and initiatives related to the area;
- Provide information for Member States regarding specific issues within the area.
- Bachelor degree in social science, management or related field from a reputable university;
- A minimum three (3) years relevant work experience in technical role;
- Demonstrated knowledge and policy, research and technical skills in the relevant area and ability to acquire them;
- Proven skills in problem solving in a complex organisational environment and in work planning;
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, monitor and review policy and procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organise tasks and work flows, with proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines;
- Good oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with stakeholders;
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative work practices;
- Sound command of English, written and spoken.
Computer literacy and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools; ability to multi-task, work long and irregular hours, and perform tasks outside the usual job scope; ability to function effectively, independently and as part of a team; and a willingness to travel frequently on short notice.
Remuneration and Benefits:
Successful candidate will be offered the post with a probation period of six months and monthly salary commensurate with his/her personal qualifications starting from IDR 5,000,000 up to IDR 19,500,000. There are other applicable benefits which include monthly transportation allowance, outpatient medical reimbursement, hospitalisation insurance, and an annual bonus of a month’s basic salary. Upon completion of the probationary period, the candidate will be confirmed on a three-year contract, inclusive of the six-month probationary period, in the first instance.
How to apply:
Send your application highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, including a recent passport-sized photograph and certified true copies of educational certificates obtained to the Personnel and Training Unit, ASEAN Secretariat, 70A Jalan Sisingamangaraja, Jakarta 12110. You can also email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for Technical Officer, Political Cooperation Division. Application papers should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 8 May 2009.
The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only short listed candidates will be notified.