The British Council in Indonesia is recruiting for the post of:
EAST ASIA REGIONAL CLIMATE PROJECT MANAGER
IDR 20.222,000 to IDR 25,342,000 gross monthly salary negotiable depending on qualifications and experience plus excellent benefits.
The post holder will lead the design, development and implementation of the East Asia regional climate response programme in Indonesia, Korea, Australia, Japan, Vietnam and Thailand; manage delivery of the climate programme in Indonesia, including partnership and income generation; and co-ordinate the environmental policy across the East Asia region. This position is offered for a fixed period of 1 year initial contract (renewable)
Key duties of this post include:
- Regional climate strategy development
- Regional climate programme delivery and leadership of the regional climate team
- Planning and delivery of the climate programme in Indonesia
- Financial and contract management
- Project monitoring & evaluation
- Income generation and relationship management
The successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Proven expertise and commitment to climate security ideally 3 years working experience in this area
- The ability to lead and motivate a regional team
- Experience of project implementation, financial monitoring, and reporting in a related field Experience of building and maintaining effective partnerships and generating funding Knowledge of environmental policies and frameworks relevant to large organisations and experience of implementing these
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently within the East Asia region
- An English language IELTS score of 7.0 or proven fluency in English
IDR 8.885.000 gross monthly salary and excellent benefits
The post holder will work with the UK Education Manager to ensure the delivery of high quality UK Education promotion services and partnerships in Indonesia. This will be achieved through close collaboration with local and UK partners in order to reach our target audiences through a range of specially designed programmes. This position is offered for a fixed period of 1 year initial contract (renewable)
Key duties of this post include:
- Design innovative and creative events to promote UK Education products and services Organise UK institutions activities and visits in Indonesia
- Relationship management for partnership opportunities and income generation Produce publications for online and printed media
- Manage the UK Alumni community network
- Provide market intelligence on Education opportunities and environment in Indonesia
The successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate evidence of :
- Experience in marketing and promotion of Educational services
- Strong sense of achievement in project delivery and customer service orientation
- Experience of building and maintaining relationship for influence
- Capacity to compile, analyse and disseminate information from different resources
- Web skills especially content management
- Strong knowledge of UK Education
- An English language IELTS score of 6.0
Applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be short-listed for interview. A copy of the full job descriptions for both positions and an application form can be downloaded from our website at www.britishcouncil.or.id.
You should return a completed application form through E-mail: email@example.com by stating the job title as the E-mail subject.
Closing date for receipt of applications for both positions is by 16:00 on Monday 24 May 2010. It is essential that candidates use the application form. The British Council does not accept CVs in place of the completed application form and it is unable to respond to telephone enquiries.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
The United Kingdom’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We are registered in England as a charity
•• BRITISH COUNCIL