PT Petrosea Tbk has been designing, building and mining in all corners of Indonesia since 1972 and today is recognized as one of Indonesia’s leading engineering, construction and mining contractors. Thanks to the imagination and commitment of more than 3000 staff, Petrosea has secured a growing portfolio of projects throughout Indonesia and the region.
Petrosea has access and support to world class management and project delivery systems which allows Petrosea to deliver international excellence to the Indonesian market.
We are currently taking applicants for the following position:
ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
(Oil & Gas Project – Jakarta Based)
Plan, direct and control the Engineering & Construction function to produce a cost effective engineered solution (including the development of appropriate Specifications) for the Project within the budgeted man hours and within the tendered timeframe by utilizing capable and appropriate resources efficiently to ensure that Procurement/Construction activities commence on time.
- Minimum Bachelor degree preferably in Civil / Mechanical Engineering
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering and procurement management principles and practices. Must possess an in depth knowledge of the Engineering and Design process as well as extensive experience in construction methods
- Minimum 5 years previous experiences in Engineering with 5 yrs as a Manager. Experience handle Port/Jetty construction project is advantage
- Maximize Project margins by ensuring appropriate Technical Specifications and Codes are adopted to suit the requirements of the contract
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Willing traveling to all petrosea’s site
- Be fully conversant with the contents of the Project Safety Management Plans (including Environment) and the Company policies on safety. Ensure that Safety topics are discussed with all Vendors/Subcontractors/Consultants prior to the commencement of any engineering/design activities and be vigilant in enforcing the agreed standards.
- Develop an Engineering/Design Management Plan for the Project that includes the strategy to deliver the work in accordance with the schedule parameters set by the Project Manager. This plan must be maintained and remain relevant to the function during the course of the Project.
- Develop a detailed Engineering schedule to meet the requirements of the Project. Be fully accountable for this schedule and react to any negative movements to ensure the schedule is met.
- Resource the Engineering department to ensure that the schedule can be delivered by all disciplines. Develop a back-up strategy to be able to react to the situation where the scope grows or delays begin. Understand the availability of resources or consultants to be able to react promptly to all situations.
- Ensure that all members of the Engineering Team fully understand the requirement of the Project and are familiar with the Design Management Plan and are conversant with the commercial constraints of the Project Budget.
- Interface with the Procurement function to ensure that all Technical Bid Evaluations are completed on time so that the procurement process is not delayed as a result of Engineering in decisiveness. Meet on a regular basis (more than once per week) with the Procurement Manager and plan the resource allocations to ensure schedules are met..
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with all members of the Project team and offer support to all persons that request support. Pass knowledge onto your team and others in the Project so that the capability of the developed team grows throughout the life of the Project.
- Establish a comprehensive database of all Standards, Codes, and Specifications and ensure that all members of the Engineering Team are familiar with their location and the appropriate use of the information. Keep all reference material updated and current.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on the progress of the engineering phase of the Project. Identify areas of concern and the strategy to mitigate the known issues.
- Establish and maintain a detailed risk register for the engineering function and liaise with the Project Controls and Project Managers to discuss the identified risks on a regular basis.
- Establish a rigid Document Control system to ensure that all members of the Engineering team follow the approved procedures. Provide training in the use of the system and ensure that all Vendors/Fabricators submit their documents direct to the leader of the Doc Con function.
- Ensure that inter-disciplinary reviews are conducted for all aspects of the Project. Monitor the IDR process to ensure that the turn-around time for documents is known and the duration is being minimized.
- Establish an efficient Technical Query system to control all TQ’s between all partners in the Project. Ensure that all subcontract Vendors/Fabricators adopt the system and it is fully utilized. Manage the TQ system and report weekly the status of all TQ’s. Continually strive to reduce the TQ response time.
- Performs administrative supervisory tasks including evaluating employee performance, source necessary skills and resources based on manpower forecasts to provide managerial supports in administrative matters.
- Establish a Management of Change procedure and educate the Project Team (all departments) about it’s appropriate use. Ensure the system is adopted with the use of all subcontractors to ensure that all changes are effectively managed.
- Provide a support service to the Construction phase by assigning persons to the site team and ensuring that the response time to field TQ’s is minimized.
- Maintain and implementing HSE programs including Environmental Management System to ensure the effectiveness of the programs conform to official standard and requirements
We offer our staff a challenging and innovative work environment. An attractive salary package will be negotiated to ensure a high caliber appointment.
To apply for this position, please send your application together with a detailed resume including recent color photograph, and quoting POSITION / JOB TITLE in email subject to : firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com in Microsoft Word or PDF format with a file size not more than 350kb, not later than 15 June 2014.